Need help on Advanced Filtering.

Grant

Jun 7, 2024, 3:57:38 AMJun 7
to MyLifeOrganized
First:  Is there any detailed documentation on parameters we can fill when defining DateTime?

I want to filter out all tasks that have a start or due date after 12:00 on the current day.  (that is only part of the total filter, where I included some contexts and also allow tasks with no due or start date to show).

1. I do not see that I can use a function, like TODAY along with the time

2. A while back, Dwight gave an example using "Now + 4h".  The "Now" function does not seem to be documented anywhere.  But I tried some variation of that, like "TODAY - 12h", but I get an error message that a "´" was expected.  I also tried Dwights "Now + 4h"  and get the same error

Any help, and especially, any pointers to documentation, would be much appreciated.

Dwight Arthur

Jun 7, 2024, 8:44:36 AMJun 7
to Grant, MyLifeOrganized
hi, now+4h, other than syntax issues, would mean 4 hours into the future from now, which is not what you want. "today" is this day at midnight. (not sure about this but I think "today" used as a start time is midnight a minute before 00:01 and "today" used as a due time is today midnight a minute after 23:59). I don't think constructs like "h" work on the fields area of an advanced filter. The number used for dates and times equals days from some start point, the fractional part represents time since midnight. So today at noon would be on "today+0.5", no spaces

this afternoon would be on or after after today+0.5 and on or before today-1 (after 0.5 of today, or noon, and before tomorrow)

hth, Dwight

Grant

Jun 8, 2024, 4:10:47 AMJun 8
to MyLifeOrganized
Ah!  I did not know about the fractional part.  It makes sense.  I have set it up, with no error.  I will report back if I still have problems, but I dod not see why I would.
I am glad you are around @Dwight

Grant

Jun 9, 2024, 2:41:36 AMJun 9
to MyLifeOrganized
For those interested, I block various key activity areas to three parts of the day.  I have views that focus on these parts of the days.  Buy using a context for each part of the day as standard for a focus area, I can filter out that time of day.  By using contexts, I can still put a task or sub focus (also) in another part of the day.
Still, I had the problem that some tasks where beyond today, I and only wanted to see current actions in my daily management view.  Thus my question here.  Based on Dwights help, here is what my filter (currently) looks like:
Screenshot 2024-06-09 084037.png