Different Views in Different Workspaces

Gez

Jun 10, 2024, 9:37:29 AMJun 10
to MyLifeOrganized
How can you set different created views (with their own icons) to be displayed in different Workspaces. It seems to me that this should be possible, especially when you have quite few Custom Views, where the View contains unique subject matter, E.g. a "Day Job" view, a "spending management" view, an "Exercise and mobility" view, a "music and graphics" view etc....
So I would want a "Pathogen & Toxin Removal" view a "Food & Supplements" view, an "Exercise & Mobility" view, and an "Other mind & Body Maintenance" view to be in their own "Health" Workspace.
Any pointers?

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jun 18, 2024, 12:34:15 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to MyLifeOrganized
It is possible, if I understood your request correctly. You can create new tabs and open each desired custom view in its respective tab. Each tab can have its own icon and additional settings applied, such as setting a default view. Here you can learn more: https://www.mylifeorganized.net/support/tabs-customization/

Gez

Jun 27, 2024, 5:05:48 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Alyona,

Thanks for your reply and the link. You say that but, having read through the link, I'm struggling to find how to do that (I have ver 5.2.1).
What I did was
Step 1 - add all of my task types to the All Tasks section of the Outline, and add all of my Project Types to the Projects section of the Outline. Then I selected My Health Workspace, opened Manage Views and deselected all of the tasks and projects that shouldn't be visible in my Health Workspace, as you can see in the attached image (Views for Health WorkSpace.png).
Step 2 - Right clicked on the Workspace Tab to set this as a default (as you can see in Setup for Health Workspace.png).
Step 3 - Switched to my Efficiency & Control Workspace, opened Manage Views, then deselected all of the Health Tasks and Projects that shouldn't be visible in my Efficiency & Control Workspace, and then Selected the Tasks and Projects that should be visible (as you can see in Views for Efficiency.png)
Step 4 - Switched back to my Health Workspace but there and selected restore defaults, but the views remained the same, i.e. they didn't change from the setup of My Efficiency Workspace, Then when I tried to repeat all of this the options to set or restore the default were greyed out (I tried locking and unlocking the defaults)
Step 5 - Manually reset the views of the Tasks so that they matched what they should have been for my Health Workspace, but when I then clicked on my Efficiency WorkSpace Tab and then right clicked the Restore option was also greyed out).

If it's not clear from my process description above, I just want to be able to vies 4 specific Task and project types in my Health WorkSpace, and a different set of 2 Specific task and project types in my Efficiency and Control Workspace. How do I do that?

Regards,

Gerry
Views for Efficiency.png
Setup for Health WorkSpace.png
Views for Health WorkSpace.png

Gez

Jun 27, 2024, 5:07:26 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to MyLifeOrganized
...that should have been " I just want to be able to view 4 specific Task and project types in my Health WorkSpace, and a different set of 2 Specific task and project types in my Efficiency and Control Workspace. How do I do that?

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jun 27, 2024, 11:05:53 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to MyLifeOrganized
Thanks for clarifying it.

So, you'd like to display multiple views within a single window. This isn't possible with Workspaces, as each Workspace allows you to display only one view.

However, it is possible to achieve this using a different feature called Dashboards. Please note that Dashboards are available in version 6. You can learn more about this feature here:
https://www.mylifeorganized.net/support/dashboards/?filter-condition=filter-windows

Gez

Jun 27, 2024, 7:49:37 PM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Alyona,

Thanks for the update. Although I'm now confused as to what use Workspaces are if you can't have different views in them, I would definitely be interested in upgrading if I knew that Dashboards solve my problem of being able to easily change the focus of my work.

The question is though, can you switch between Dashboards instead of having to have them all open at the same time (because having 6 dashboards open at the same time (which is what I would need) kind of defeats the object of being able to select different groups of views (i.e. to be able to change the focus and display all the relevant tasks and projects, without using any more screen space).

Regards,

Gerry