WiFi Sync locar or remote: why not both?

Rodrigo Carmine

Sep 11, 2021, 2:44:59 PM9/11/21
to MyLifeOrganized

I've always been an MLO enthusiast and I have the paid version on PC and mobile.

However, the sync over WiFi feature has a very poor setting.

There are tasks that I complete on the mobile version and others on the PC. In the synchronization settings, you can choose Local or Remote in case of conflicts. But let's say I created a to-do list on the PC and changed it on the smartphone. If I selected the Remote option, I will lose local changes. And vice versa.

Why not sync by last chage (either local or remote)?

By the way, are you users happy with this setup?

imajeff

Sep 14, 2021, 10:50:21 PM9/14/21
to MyLifeOrganized
I'm not happy either, basically they abandoned development of WiFi sync and I think it is because they could make a little money doing cloud sync instead so they tried to make it better. Sure it's low cost in some people's perspective but I do not do cloud sync because of my security needs in certain areas of my task data. I protect as much of my networks as I want, yet MLO does not give me any choice to protect data unless I can keep that data only in my own network.

I knew it was trouble when it only asked in configuration which one I want to overwrite in a conflict. Um how about show me both to choose or edit?? It only works for me if I always remember to sync before I make any edit on either my PC or Android, and then remember to sync again after I often edit on PC then rush off with the phone so it needs to be on there. A task manager should never become the project, but making everything correct in MLO is the biggest project I've ever experienced (having done software programming for decades).

On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 12:44:59 PM UTC-6 rodrigo...@gmail.com wrote:

There are tasks that I complete on the mobile version and others on the PC. In the synchronization settings, you can choose Local or Remote in case of conflicts. But let's say I created a to-do list on the PC and changed it on the smartphone. If I selected the Remote option, I will lose local changes. And vice versa.
[...]

Allen L Weedman

Aug 28, 2022, 11:26:34 AM8/28/22
to MyLifeOrganized
Since there have been no further input to the problem mentioned here, is it correct to assume that MLO has done nothing to improve the data transfer from the remote device? I seem to still have this problem of a single direction sync most of the time. Changes on the Android device are being ignored or reset to match what is on the PC.
ALW