Outlook Sync Custom Fields

Chris Thomson

Aug 7, 2021, 2:38:36 PM8/7/21
to MyLifeOrganized

I use an add-in other than GTD in Outlook named Clear Context.  Because it is so tightly integrated with Outlook, it doesn't support many of the features of MLO like sub-projects and sub-tasks but it does support project names that are NOT stored in the Outlook categories (thank goodness for that since category seems to become the junk holder field for most add-ins).

Is it possible to map the custom MLO fields to specific Outlook fields when synchronizing?  In this case, I would like to map the MLO project to the Clear Context project so that I can see the hierarchy in Outlook.  It would also allow me to create a new task in Outlook, assign it to a project, and have it sync to MLO with the project already established.

Paul Singleton

Nov 17, 2022, 9:54:45 PM11/17/22
to MyLifeOrganized
I second this request. Even if MLO just allowed for bi-directional syncing of projects, that would be sufficient for my needs. For instance, I can set ClearContext to add "Prj:" as the prefix for each project category, and I have MLO set to do the same. However, the project category sync is only one way, so if I create a project category in Outlook (e.g., "Prj:New Outlook Project"), it will not sync over to MLO as a project. However, if I create a project in MLO (e.g., "New MLO Project"), the category syncs to Outlook upon sync as "Prj:New MLO Project". It would be extremely useful if that worked both ways.