Bug: problems with UTF when creating thoughts

Adam Hepner

Feb 10, 2010, 12:24:22 PM2/10/10
to My Web Brain
Hello there. As I am from non-english country, and prefer to use my
productivity in my own language, I noticed a rather big problem: I
can't save a thought with polish diactric characters in it. For
example:

I try to create a thought "Cześć" (Polish for "Hello"), and I get "An
error has occurred communicating with the server."
When I try to create the same thought without polish diactric
characters: "Czesc" - all seems ok, the thought is created.

Just as for testing: try to enter the following sequence of characters
as a new thought, when it passes, the problem is most probably solved
(at least for polish language :) ) "Zażółcić Gęślą Jaźń". Please,
don't ask me what it means, it's just a traditional polish tongue-
twister :).

Ben from My Web Brain

Feb 11, 2010, 8:12:42 AM2/11/10
to My Web Brain
Thanks for the bug report. I just opened ticket #260 (defect)

Ben from My Web Brain

Feb 22, 2010, 8:30:26 AM2/22/10
to My Web Brain
Hi Adam,

This should now be resolved. You should be able to input "Cześć" or
even "Zażółcić Gęślą Jaźń" into any text input on the My Web Brain
site. Please try it out. If you find any other internationalization
issues with with My Web Brain, please let me know.

Thanks for pointing this issue out to me, it is appreciated.

On Feb 11, 11:12 pm, Ben from My Web Brain <bendav...@he3.com.au>