* The interface for changing your current context on the Today screen
has changed. Instead of a drop-down box, your contexts appear are
links with the count of pending next actions after them. To change to
a context, simply click on its link. This change makes it easier to
see at a glance the status of all of your contexts.
* I added a help page about Getting Things Done / GTD. This provides a
simple and short description of the GTD process and why it is useful.
See it at the About GTD page .
* You can now access your pending next actions as a RSS 0.90 news
feed. You can use this feed in most news clients (I use Google's
Reader). You need to enable your next actions feed for each context.
These settings can found in a new Feed Settings subsection in the
(surprise) Settings area.
* The appearance of the Welcome screen was tweaked. I am not sure it
is for the better, but it is a change so I thought I would list it.
* I have added some additional navigational links to the Settings area
to make navigation slightly more intuitive.
* The Thoughts screen received some love with a slightly improved
listing that allows you to forget one or more thoughts without visit
the detail page for each.
* Due to an indexing problem reversing through a list of Actions,
Thoughts, References or Someday Maybe items could occasionally cause
an error. This has been resolved.
The Action list could sometimes render incorrectly in Internet
Explorer 6. This has been fixed.
* There is still a bug with the timezone implementation. On the Today
and Actions screen, Next Actions will be highlighted as overdue
according to UTC / GMT time, not your local time.
Development has slowed on the web application since I am now working
full time with a client (and will be for a couple more months).
However, I will still push ahead with enhancements to My Web Brain to
the best of my ability.
As always, if you would like to leave feedback or comments about the
web application at the My Web Brain Google Group please go right
- My Web Brain was not supporting unicode and non-roman scripts. This
has now been fixed. http://www.fuelforfusion.com/2010/02/my-web-brain-now-supports-unicode-sorry.html
- You can now create a new context 'on-the-fly', as you create or edit
a next action, without disrupting your workflow.
- On the today screen, the link 'Create New Contex' has been replaced
with 'Manage Contexts'. The link will still send you to the Context
Settings screen, but on creating a new context you will not be
returned to the today page and can continue performing context related
I hope you enjoy these changes. As always, suggestions, bug reports
and general discussion of topics about My Web Brain are welcome in
this Google group.