Ask the Scientist!

soti...@googlemail.com

Oct 7, 2009, 11:47:20 AM10/7/09
to My Moon World Space Week
Dear members,

This is the part of the group where your students can ask those mind-
boggling questions that they have always wanted an answer to,
so here is where you can find all of those solutions to technical
questions such as "What happens to you when you get pulled into a
black hole" or "Why is the sky blue".

Fire a way at will!

Questions will be sent to a team of astronomers and space scientists
who are participating in World Space Week from around the world, until
the competition ends on 10th of November 2009.

Happy question shooting!
Sotira

Audrey Healy

Oct 7, 2009, 2:26:23 PM10/7/09
to my-...@googlegroups.com
How can H3, such as that found on the moon, be converted into energy? Could this be used to power a lunar base? In your opinion, will we see a lunar base in the next 50 years? Why or why not?
--
Audrey Healy

oddgminde

Oct 11, 2009, 5:53:55 AM10/11/09
to My Moon World Space Week
1. Uranus's axis of rotation lies on its side with respect to the
plane of the Solar System, with an axial tilt of 97.77 degrees. Uranus
can be visualized to circulate around the Sun like a (sideways) tilted
rolling ball relative to the plane of the solar system. Uranus rolling
around the Sun. Can you explain it with Newtons laws and laws of
mehcanics? Is this a steady-state?

2. Venus rotates very slow about its axis in the opposite direction to
most planets in the Solar System. Venus rotates clockwise in
"retrograde" rotation. The present rotation period of Venus seems to
represent an equilibrium state.
How strong "energy-input" needs to compensate the rotation-retardation
power from the Sun? Are there any "energy-pump"?

//Odd M

James Chibueze

Oct 11, 2009, 6:26:25 AM10/11/09
to my-...@googlegroups.com
The motion can be explained with Kepler`s laws while the Newtons gravitational law and rotational kinematic apply in principle.
--
Chibueze, James O.

Present Address:

Department of Physics & Astronomy,
Graduate School of Science & Engineering
Kagoshima University,
1-21-35 Korimoto,
Kagoshima, 890-0065
Japan.
+819096592197
ja...@milkyway.sci.kagoshima-u.ac.jp

Permanent Address:
Department of Physics & Astronomy,
University of Nigeria,
Nsukka, Enugu State.
Nigeria.
+234-803-540-5064
james.c...@gmail.com
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open…..

oddgminde

Oct 14, 2009, 5:21:51 PM10/14/09
to My Moon World Space Week
Yes, I have heard but not seen the calculation.
Can you shortly tell me? //Odd
On 11 Oct, 12:26, James Chibueze <james.chibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The motion can be explained with Kepler`s laws while the Newtons
> gravitational law and rotational kinematic apply in principle.

> james.chibu...@gmail.com

oddgminde

Nov 2, 2009, 5:53:51 PM11/2/09
to My Moon World Space Week
If my questions were sent to a team of astronomers and space
scientists
even around the world, why haven't any answers been published?
It's only 1 (one) week left! //Odd M