Controlling my car's AC with IFTTT (if this, then that)

Mr. Lian

Jul 23, 2020, 1:59:52 PM7/23/20
to My Leaf; a third party NissanConnect app
Hi. I am looking for a way to automate my car's AC with my phone in such a way that it sends a signal to turn on my car's climate control at a specific time, during weekdays when temperatures are below X degrees. My car isn't always connected to power so the built-in feature doesn't kick in by itself. This could in the future be expanded into checking if the battery level is above a certain level before issuing a climate-control command.

I assume this app (which I love, I have donated a while ago) isn't able to do this on it's own. And I haven't done a whole lot of research yet. But I figured I could start by asking here how to accomplish this. I guess there are some webhooks that can be used, or some sort of HTTP URL commands with user, pass and command to send.

I looked trough some of the source code quickly but couldn't find any links in plain text.

I'm not asking for you to do this for me (but you are welcome to do so). I just want to know how to send the commands myself via iftt or similar solutions which only need a phone (Android).

The car is a 2016 Leaf 30 kWh

Tobias W. Kjeldsen

Jul 23, 2020, 3:46:52 PM7/23/20
to Mr. Lian, My Leaf, a third party NissanConnect app
Hello Lian,

Thanks for writing!

Yes you can engage climate control using a HTTP request. You'll have to first do a authentication/token HTTP request and so forth.

You can find everything needed in my dartcarwings library which My Leaf uses itself; https://gitlab.com/tobiaswkjeldsen/dartcarwings

Dart is a pretty easy language to read and understand! So give it a go! ;)

The authentication part is in the file carwings_session.dart and carwings_vehicle.dart contains vehicle operations. In the lib/src/ directory.

I'm on vacation so I'm short in words!

Thanks again for writing!

And don't forget to give some stars and maybe a comment on Google Play/App Store! ;)