3.0.6

Michael Totschnig

Oct 27, 2019, 7:16:29 AM10/27/19
to My Expenses Testing
Please give the latest version a try. It has been announced here:

Its main improvement has been defined in the following Github ticket:

David Randazzzo

Nov 10, 2019, 10:11:32 AM11/10/19
to my-expens...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael

I need to duplicate some expenses to the same date. Unfortunately it duplicates everything but the date is the day of today's duplication.

Is it possible to duplicate with the initial date?
It would help me.
Thank you.

Michael Totschnig

Nov 21, 2019, 3:26:01 AM11/21/19
to My Expenses Testing
My reply, accidentally sent by PM:

Hello David,

thank you for the suggestion. The assumption for this feature was that mostly, when you duplicate a transaction, it is because the same type of expense happens on another day than the original expense, probably today and that only exceptionally you would need the same transaction duplicated for the original date.
How often does this use case arise for you? I am unsure if offering this as an option makes sense if it is only relevant for very few users.

Best regards,

Michael

David's answer (posted with permission)

Hi Michael
When I buy something by credit card my bank takes the money the 2nd of the months.
Very often I buy in the same shop like food for example. If it is the same shop it's easy to duplicate an operation dated 2nd of the month immediately. But you are right, some people certainly need to duplicate for the current day.
I'll try to find on Google market if another application can offer this possibility as I need it. One never knows.
Thank you

On Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 4:11:32 PM UTC+1, David Randazzzo wrote:
Hi Michael

I need to duplicate some expenses to the same date. Unfortunately it duplicates everything but the date is the day of today's duplication.

Is it possible to duplicate with the initial date?
It would help me.
Thank you.

בתאריך יום א׳, 27 באוק׳ 2019, 13:16, מאת Michael Totschnig ‏<mtot...@gmail.com>:
Please give the latest version a try. It has been announced here:

Its main improvement has been defined in the following Github ticket:

Michael Totschnig

Nov 21, 2019, 3:26:39 AM11/21/19
to My Expenses Testing
Hello David,

since I always try to keep customers satisfied, I gave your suggestion a second thought, and decided to take it up into the development road map: https://github.com/mtotschnig/MyExpenses/issues/598

Best regards,

Michael

Sedat

Nov 21, 2019, 4:19:44 AM11/21/19
to My Expenses Testing
Hi Michael,

Do you have such a feature on the roadmap?

Eg mass changing a certain attribute for filtered transactions.

Say I want to recategorize some broad category, where payee is x, category is y, I can search for this and do a mass replace of the category for the results, so they end up in a new category.

Regards,
Sedat

Michael Totschnig

Nov 22, 2019, 6:18:03 PM11/22/19
to My Expenses Testing
Hello Sedat,

I was thinking about this issue recently, and pondering on how to implement it: Maybe instead of providing a form with all possible fields (as described in the issue), it would make more sense to provide contextual bulk edit commands from the transaction list, that would allow to edit only one field (status, category, payer).
What do you think?

Michael

Sedat

Nov 22, 2019, 6:48:43 PM11/22/19
to My Expenses Testing
Hi,

contextual bulk edit commands from the transaction list, that would allow to edit only one field (status, category, payer). >

This would be totally fine by me. Just need the ability to apply it to selected transactions. It's also more visual and clear to the user, so less chances to mess up.

Regards,
Sedat
Sent: November 23, 2019 00:18
Subject: {My Expenses Testing} Re: Mass editing