Welcome message

Michael Totschnig

Sep 13, 2014, 5:46:19 AM9/13/14
Since Google Groups does not display the welcome message in its mobile version, I am adding this information as a normal post:

Thank you for your interest in helping test upcoming versions of My Expenses.
Google Play now allows to publish alpha and beta versions for new releases to users that opt in as testers.
Becoming a tester for My Expenses requires three steps:
  1. Join this group.
  2. Confirm your status as tester on https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.totschnig.myexpenses . (It displays an error page for everybody who is not part of this group).
  3. You then need to follow the link to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.totschnig.myexpenses and click on the blue "Installed" button, in order to have Google Play suggest to you the installation of a test version if there is one available.

From then on, you will receive updates to the test versions on your device automatically. You can end your status as tester any time on the same page without leaving this group.

My policy on publishing test versions is to make them available only after they have reached near-to-release production quality. No early previews are distributed through this channel.

By accepting to install these versions, before they become available to all users, you help me detect problems that are difficult to spot, and through your feedback, you can suggest final improvements.