Sublime Text 3 Install?

Brian G

Jun 30, 2015, 9:04:39 PM6/30/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the MXUnit plugin for ST3 and I can't for the life of me figure it out.  I tried a manual install and a repo install.  I got far enough with the repo install that it runs but it doesn't seem to generate an mxunit.settings file anywhere that I can configure for my environment.

Any suggestions?

Brian

Brian G

Jun 30, 2015, 9:15:15 PM6/30/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com

A few things I should cover:

I tried installing per the docs at https://github.com/mxunit/sublime-text-2-mxunit but everytime I start ST3, it auto-moves that folder to the Backups directory so it doesn't appear to like it.

I've tried Package Control to add a repo and then install from there... which does seem to work to get the mxunit commands available, but it defaults to localhost:8031 and I need to modify that but can't find the settings file anywhere.

Brian

Bill Rawlinson

Jul 1, 2015, 8:30:23 AM7/1/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
The plugin is for ST2 - so more than likely there are deprecated or outright invalid API calls in the plugin that won't work in ST3.  MXUnit, I believe, is no longer actively maintained so I doubt the plugin is either.

Bill

Bill

Brian G

Jul 1, 2015, 11:52:30 PM7/1/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
The name would certainly suggest such, but the first line of text under the heading in the README says:

Description

A plugin for Sublime Text 2 & 3 that runs MXUnit tests - http://mxunit.org.

?

Bill Rawlinson

Jul 2, 2015, 8:28:00 AM7/2/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
oh, well then. I don't know.  MXUnit still isn't actively maintained though so I will be surprised if you find a resolution.  If I remember correctly Mark and company were recommending people look into a different unit test framework associated with coldbox or something.

I use mxunit still (and sublime) and I use sublime-mxunit-runner  - https://github.com/adampresley/sublime-mxunit-runner

it works fairly well and if you decide to try it and have problems you can email me directly if you'd like my domain is rawlinson.us and my username is bill and I can potentially offer help.

Bill

Brian G

Jul 6, 2015, 5:38:50 PM7/6/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bill - I'll give that one a shot.  I've looked at TestBox but it doesn't appear to have any Sublime Text integration whatsoever.  I am toying with going back to Eclipse... certainly works great for unit testing.

Matt Quackenbush

Jul 6, 2015, 5:58:19 PM7/6/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com