Passing values to mxunittask in ANT build?

Gareth Arch

Feb 18, 2014, 10:34:59 AM2/18/14
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
We have recently started to create Selenium integration tests and are using CFSelenium as a wrapper to access it.

I've modified CFSelenium to use the webdriver + InternetExplorerServer and am using an ANT script that calls the test cases via the MXUnit jar.  I've also set it up so that it can run multiple instances of the headless InternetExplorerServer, but it order to do so, I'm having to set sessionManagement=true in my Application.cfc, to pass an available server port.

My question is, is there a way to pass parameters to the testcase node in the xml
e.g. <textcase name="my.test.case.findItTest" availablePort="1234" />

Marc Esher

Feb 21, 2014, 8:07:42 AM2/21/14
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gareth,

There is currently not a way to do this by passing additional values in the ant tasks.

However, one option is to use a custom HttpAntRunner.cfc and set the values you need to in there. Basically, you'd copy the HttpAntRunner.cfc from your mxunit location and put it somewhere else that's accessible. Then, in your ANT task, you'd point to the URL of that cfc. Then, you can modify that cfc to include any custom bits you need

Marc

Gareth Arch

Feb 21, 2014, 3:03:58 PM2/21/14
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Marc.

We currently have a template set up to build our "main" application file on deployment based upon environment, so I'll probably end up doing something similar for our test directory (it's either a custom HttpAntRunner.cfc template or a custom Application.cfc file, so a toss up there :) ).