running mxunit tests from command line

Brian FitzGerald

Nov 3, 2014, 11:48:45 AM11/3/14
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am new to mxunit and I have a workflow question related to running mxunit from the command line. I am in the process of setting my app up for automated builds and deployments via Codeship.

Codeship creates a virtual environment that you then configure to run your build. To configure it, I need to run npm install so that the gulp build can run. How would I configure this virtual machine to get mxunit to run on it? I guess I would need to have a fully blown CF server installed on the virtual machine in order to mxunit to do it's thing? (sorry I'm a newb at this stuff).

Basically the process I'm going for looks like this:
  1. developer pushes to github production branch
  2. codeship notices and kicks off build
  3. codeship configures itself so that it can run gulp and mxunit tasks
  4. codeship runs gulp build to prepare front-end js and css assets
  5. codeship runs mxunit from command line to test cf code
  6. if fails, build stops
  7. if successful, codeship starts deployment with rsync
  8. success notification sent out
Does this sound like a reasonable workflow? Is this possible to do with mxunit?

Thanks for your insight!
Brian

Chris Blackwell

Nov 3, 2014, 2:15:39 PM11/3/14
to mxu...@googlegroups.com

This workflow is basically what we do with bamboo and previously jenkins.

In our projects we use railo rather than CF and each app has a maven pom that builds a war and standalone jar, which is basically a bundle containing the war and embedded tomcat.

If code ship supports maven you could do something similar. I can provide some examples tomorrow when I get to. my desk.

you could also take a look at the way fw/1 handles it's build and testing using ant and mxunit on travis-ci. take a look at build.xml in the fw/1 github report.

https://github.com/framework-one/fw1

cheers, chris

Marc Esher

Nov 4, 2014, 6:28:41 AM11/4/14
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response, Chris. This is great.