Running MXUNit in ColdFusion 2016?

Scott Stroz

Feb 6, 2017, 2:37:49 PM2/6/17
to mxunit
I need to run tests to verify the application can run on CF2016 but I am unable to get the tests to run as they do on CF10.

I am trying to use the web runner and initially, there were lots of errors in TestSuite.cfc that seemed to stem from the use of this. vs. variables.

Now, when I try to run tests that take less than a minute on CF10, the page just spins. No error, nothing in the console...it just never loads.

Has anyone been able to get MXUNit running in ColdFusion 2016?

Bill Rawlinson

Feb 6, 2017, 2:53:15 PM2/6/17
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
I am using mxunit with a project on CF2016 on windows (using Apache).  I don't recall having to change anything about my tests or mxunit to get it to work.

All I can offer, at the moment, is hope that it does work on CF2016.

I have not done any comparisons to test speed between the two (CF10 and CF2016, which is the actual migration I made) but they "feel" roughly the same speed.

My test suite on the project consists of a few hundred tests and I'm running it both through the browser and via the mxunitAntTask (v1.0.6)

Bill

Bill

Scott Stroz

Feb 6, 2017, 2:57:33 PM2/6/17
to mxunit
Weird...I am getting what appear to be errors in methods that use this.{variableName}. My initial thought was it was causing some kind of recursion with implicit getters/setters. I only thought that because when I first fired up the app, I had similar issues with some, unrelated code. Changing 'this.' to 'variables.' in that code got the app working as expected.

Bill Rawlinson

Feb 6, 2017, 3:53:47 PM2/6/17
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
I don't use this. syntax much in any of my tests.  I tend to use variables.

I do use the this.syntax one time..but it's a really weird test that is testing all "getters" and "setters" on all CFC's in my application and the "this" is calling a function this.getGetters() for example.

That test runs without a problem

Bill

Scott Stroz

Feb 7, 2017, 9:05:38 AM2/7/17
to mxunit
The "this." syntax is not in my tests, it is in MXunit code itself. (I can not recall a single time I have used this. syntax)

I am back to not even being able to run the sample tests in MXUnit itself.

Calling obj.setVariableName() is supposed to set this.variableName to the value passed in, however, this.variableName seems to call setVariableName()

Scott Stroz

Feb 7, 2017, 9:25:44 AM2/7/17
to mxunit
I think I found the issue.

In the application.cfc file in the root of my tests directory, I have this.invokeImplicitAccessor = true

This was causing the recursion issue I noted. So, while my test now run...they all fail because I have a lot of places that use obj.propertyName.