Why does my eclipse-mxunit install have these extra lines?

Brian G

Jul 31, 2015, 12:18:14 AM7/31/15
to mxunit

I switched from an older Eclipse/CFEclipse + MXunit install to a new Mac install with the same.  My MXunit window now has these extra lines for every method which makes working with the tests a little annoying.  Anyone know how to get rid of them so there is just one line per test method?

Secondary question - I can run individual tests by double clicking no problem; but when I click to run the suite, the first test runs fine and then all the subsequent ones error out with stackoverflow and null errors.  They all run individually just fine.  Anyone else get this?

Brian

Marc Esher

Jul 31, 2015, 8:45:53 PM7/31/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm.... That's really weird. Are you sure it's the exact version of the mxunit plugin and mxunit framework? Is this running against ColdFusion and MXUnit locally, or is CF&MXUnit running on another server? The problem is either with the plugin or CF/MXUnit, and we need to isolate it. The plugin itself is kinda dumb... it draws the tree based on what it gets back from the server, and it looks like the server is sending back stuff to the plugin that it's not expecting.

As for your second question, to be clear: you mean that on your old setup, it was fine, but on the new one, it's not?

Brian G

Aug 3, 2015, 6:54:51 PM8/3/15
to mxunit

Thanks Marc, glad to know it's unexpected.  I have some updates:

I'm running MXUnit 2.1.3 (per the test runner footer) and CFEclipse 1.4.6.R201403180646 which comes bundled with the MXUnit test runner 1.4.2.201403102322.  But... now looking in Eclipse against the MXUnit update site, I see a separate MXUnit test runner which is version 1.4.5.201211261830 so... timestamp is older (2012) but version is newer and installing that version does indeed fix problem #1 - I no longer see the two lines per test so maybe Denny is bundling a customized version?

For problem #2, no, it also failed like that in my old install as well.  It didn't happen every single time on my old install but it happens most times.  This is true whether I ctrl or select-click a handful of tests or if I run the full suite.  This is the error that each test reports:

coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [coldfusion.util.RuntimeWrapper : null][java.lang.StackOverflowError : null]

Brian

Marc Esher

Aug 7, 2015, 3:12:37 PM8/7/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear that the first problem is resolved.

As for the second, do you see anything in the coldfusion output that sheds light? I cannot recall ever seeing errors like that.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Brian G <brian-...@vfive.com> wrote:

Brian G

Aug 14, 2015, 1:06:05 AM8/14/15
to mxunit
No, it is sadly always just a stackoverflow error that has one line error (e.g, no stack trace).  I have not yet gotten to running my test suite from the command line as part of a CI process (job plug: I'm looking for a contractor that could help me set that up and fine tune our test process) so I don't know if it would happen there too or not.  I also never run the tests from the HTTPRunner, only from in Eclipse but it's been doing this for years (first on my Win7 machine, now on my Mac).

Sorry I don't have more info... is there any kind of way to enable debugging or verbose settings in the Eclipse runner perhaps? Or the end point it's calling?

Brian

Marc Esher

Aug 18, 2015, 6:33:08 PM8/18/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brian,

As for troubleshooting this, historically this is what I did:
http://wiki.mxunit.org/display/default/Eclipse+Plugin+Troubleshooting

Though your problem is so strange to me, it's almost like your
ColdFusion install is jacked or something.