MXUnit Test Case Generator

Lojze Krajnc

Apr 5, 2015, 6:12:15 PM4/5/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hello to everyone. I just started using MXunit and I like it.

But I have a problem.

Our product has totally about 400 CFCs with 10.000+ functions that should be tested for errors.

Is there some magic tool that would create test cases for my CFCs automatically?

It could use CFC metadata (arguments) to achieve this.
Sample test cases could be:
- empty string for cfargument type=string
- long strings
- any smart techniques
- etc.

Maybe you have any other solution?

Thanks.

Lojz

Marc Esher

Apr 5, 2015, 8:17:46 PM4/5/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lojz,

mxunit does ship with a generator
(http://localhost/mxunit/generator/index.cfm), but it's not a very
clever one like it sounds like you want. MXUnit isn't being actively
developed anymore, so it's not likely that additional generation
functionality will be added, either.

I recommend you look at TestBox
(http://wiki.coldbox.org/wiki/TestBox.cfm), which is being actively
developed by a great team. They might have some ideas about how you
could get more advanced generation, such as what you describe.

Marc

Lojze Krajnc

Apr 6, 2015, 7:51:11 AM4/6/15
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marc. I used that simple generator for MXunit but as you say it is not a very clever one. I will look at TestBox.

Lojz