Installation Error

dennis.b...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2016, 4:28:48 PM10/7/16
to mxunit
I just pulled down the mxUnit package from github:

and unpacked the codebase to my webroot, and hit the index.cfm:
localhost:8500/mxunit/index.cfm

and I immediately get an error:

Ooops!

There was a problem with running the installation test. The installation might be fine. Try to run the samples. If it still doesn't work, drop us a note. We'll make sure you can get set up!

  • Type:
    Expression
  • Message:
    Element CODEPRINTHTML is undefined in a Java object of type class coldfusion.runtime.ExceptionInformation$ExceptionTraceElement.
  • Detail:

If the error is from not having write permissions most of the framework should still function. Some features will not function, such as making private functions public for testing.

Also, make sure you or CFML engine has write access to this directory in order to run this installation test.

I get a similar error when i click on the samples link and select one (it doesnt seem to matter which sample test I select/run):

Element CODEPRINTHTML is undefined in a Java object of type class coldfusion.runtime.ExceptionInformation$ExceptionTraceElement.

The error occurred in C:/workspace/root/mxunit/framework/HtmlTestResult.cfc: line 248
Called from C:/workspace/root/mxunit/framework/HtmlTestResult.cfc: line 192
Called from C:/workspace/root/mxunit/framework/HtmlTestResult.cfc: line 76
Called from C:/workspace/root/mxunit/framework/TestResult.cfc: line 293
Called from C:/workspace/root/mxunit/framework/TestCase.cfc: line 227
246 : 							<tr>
247 : 								<td>
249 : 									#template# (#line#:

Jamie Jackson

Oct 7, 2016, 6:30:46 PM10/7/16
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
I remember fixing this, and I thought I'd contributed it back to mxunit, but I hadn't. I can't say that this is an ideal version of what I was working on, because I just found this uncommitted file in a project and don't remember all the details of what I'd been doing with it. (I can't test it now.)

Could you try throwing this in mxunit/framework and see what happens?

HtmlTestResult.cfc

Gabriele Bernuzzi

Nov 16, 2017, 7:30:44 AM11/16/17
to mxunit
Thank you Jamie, I found your component, put it into /mxunit/framework folder overwriting the existing file and... the error disappeared!
Could you make a pull request on github's MXUnit project?

By the way, well done!

Jamie Jackson

Nov 16, 2017, 5:52:02 PM11/16/17
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Cool, will do. Thanks for doing the testing for me. :-)