Time for your inner-techie? July call for participants

1 view

Evan

Jul 6, 2011, 2:10:51 AM7/6/11
to mxug
Another month, another opportunity for MXUG! Wednesday 20th (two weeks
today). The talks page is here:

https://sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home/2011-07-20

This is a roll-over from last month's fizzle, so could those already
signed up for a talk or the coding competition confirm they are still
good to go. (Korny, Sam, Noon, Duncan & Craig.)

Wanta participate in the coding competition? Sign up on the page so we
get an idea of who's gonna play (but even if you don't sign up, just
show up, we'll let you participate.)

Got a talk? Some new gadget? *An account on Google+ you can demo?*
Sign up on the link above.

...aaaaand go!

E.
--
“This Google+ thing is totally going to make Buzz look like Wave.” —
@PinBoard

Noon Silk

Jul 6, 2011, 2:32:10 AM7/6/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Evan <evan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another month, another opportunity for MXUG! Wednesday 20th (two weeks
> today). The talks page is here:
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home/2011-07-20
>
> This is a roll-over from last month's fizzle, so could those already
> signed up for a talk or the coding competition confirm they are still
> good to go. (Korny, Sam, Noon, Duncan & Craig.)

Yep, still ready. And don't forget about the prize, for the winner,
namely a collection of famous papers from the theory of information!

From my previous email:

--
Noon Silk | http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/ >

Fancy a quantum lunch? http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en

of being this signature."

Craig Pearce

Jul 6, 2011, 3:48:15 AM7/6/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com

Hi Evan,

Yup still good to go.

Regards,
Craig

Sam Watkins

Jul 6, 2011, 4:42:37 AM7/6/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
Craig Pearce wrote:
> Yup still good to go.

me too

Korny Sietsma

Jul 6, 2011, 5:10:25 AM7/6/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - I'll probably be in Sydney on the 20th.  The start date for the job is the 18th, so there's some hope of a delay, and if delayed I'll keep y'all posted; but at the moment I'm probably a no show.

(I will organise someone to manage doors/pizza if I can't make it)

- Korny

Kornelis Sietsma  korny at my surname dot com http://korny.info
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part
that wonders what the part that isn't thinking
isn't thinking of"

Chris Ward

Jul 6, 2011, 8:06:12 PM7/6/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to be overseas :-(

Duncan Bayne

Jul 17, 2011, 9:06:06 PM7/17/11
to mxug
> I'm going to be overseas :-(

I'm unavailable as well ...

Noon Silk

Jul 17, 2011, 11:52:17 PM7/17/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Duncan Bayne <dhgb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to be overseas :-(
>
> I'm unavailable as well ...

Okay, well nevertheless, let's go ahead with the competition and in
the worst case, if it is only me competing, I'll declare myself the
winner and we can move on to new things.