June call for coders, err, speakers, err...

1 view

Evan

Jun 7, 2011, 12:48:14 AM6/7/11
to mxug
This month we are going to try something a little different and have a
short coding competition. Ideas for the 20-30 minute programming task
have already been bandied about the mailing list, but further
discussion and details still need to be nailed down. I've updated with
a few details on the wiki page.

In any case, if you are planning on participating, could you add your
name(s) and dev tools you plan to use (e.g., language, IDE and such)
on the wiki page linked below.

https://sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home/2011-06-15

(This is just to get an idea of the numbers and diversity. If you
decide at the last minute to participate that just show up!)

Oh, and we need a couple of talks to round out the evening too. We had
some great suggestions for talks last month (go see the minutes -
https://sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home/2011-05-18) so if you're
feeling keen, add your talk to the above wiki page. First in, best
dressed.

...and, go!

E.

Duncan Bayne

Jun 8, 2011, 12:11:41 AM6/8/11
to mxug
> Oh, and we need a couple of talks to round out the evening too. We had
> some great suggestions for talks last month (go see the minutes -https://sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home/2011-05-18) so if you're
> feeling keen, add your talk to the above wiki page. First in, best
> dressed.

Well, the GNU Robots championship was stillborn, but I'd like to give
a demo of StumpWM - the Common Lisp based window manager I've been
using. I'm thinking: how to install it, basic usage, hacking.

Anyone keen? If so I'll add it to the wiki.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420 817 082 | web: http://www.fluidscape.com/ | skype:

Korny Sietsma

Jun 8, 2011, 12:45:07 AM6/8/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fun!  (and involves more lisp!  (which is always a good thing, right?  (right?)))

- Korny

Kornelis Sietsma  korny at my surname dot com http://korny.info
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part
that wonders what the part that isn't thinking
isn't thinking of"

Duncan Bayne

Jun 8, 2011, 1:06:20 AM6/8/11
to mxug
> Sounds fun!  (and involves more lisp!  (which is always a good thing, right?
>  (right?)))

(setq haiku-p
(eq (list 5 7 5)
syllable-structure)))

:-)

Sam Watkins

Jun 9, 2011, 1:25:41 AM6/9/11
to mx...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 09:11:41PM -0700, Duncan Bayne wrote:
> Well, the GNU Robots championship was stillborn, but I'd like to give
> a demo of StumpWM - the Common Lisp based window manager I've been
> using. I'm thinking: how to install it, basic usage, hacking.
>
> Anyone keen? If so I'll add it to the wiki.

cool yeah, I'm keen on window managers and lisp

Duncan Bayne

Jun 14, 2011, 9:28:46 PM6/14/11
to mxug
> cool yeah, I'm keen on window managers and lisp

It won't be a very advanced presentation I'm afraid. I'm still at the
"wow, it can do _that_?" stage myself, but I like StumpWM a lot & I'm
very keen to share the love :-)