Institute Tomorrow!

Michael Burkholz

Jan 23, 2012, 6:57:33 PM1/23/12
to mwu-...@googlegroups.com

We will be having institute tomorrow at noon in agave 208. I know that we are all in a little bit of a time crunch with school and it might seem impossible to set aside the hour for something as optional as institute. I feel that pull to spend the hour doing something else that would be more "productive" sometimes. This week the story of the widow's mite came to my mind when thinking about prioritizing my time.

41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain apoor widow, and she threw in two bmites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this a
poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their aabundance; but she of her bwant did ccast in dall that she had, even all her living.

Just as the widow, it would seem that we are all quite poor at the moment, maybe not so much monetarily but in the ever lacking currency of time. Such an offering then to God would definitely be a far greater sacrifice but it would also be a much more meaningful gift. I hope you can make it and drink deeply from the living waters we enjoy each week!

Dwayne Sorensen

Feb 3, 2012, 2:31:16 AM2/3/12
to mwu-...@googlegroups.com
Please take me off of your mail list.