Chicago Games Band Tents

JAMES SIM

Jun 9, 2024, 3:59:09 PMJun 9
to mwpba...@googlegroups.com
Good Sunday Afternoon,

        I now have the word on the setting up of band tents for the Chicago Games.  Band Tent set up can start at 12:00 noon on Friday.  NO EARLIER.  I have attached a map here with the location on it.  Remember this is a new location for this year.  It is NOT in Itasca.  It is at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton, IL.  Parking is free this year.  It may be a little tight but someone will be there to help with your tent location etc.  There is a paved walk way all the way from the entrance gate to the set up area.  Please be respectful of all the other bands.  Bands will not be able to practice on the Friday inside the park as they have their music stage going then.  The Beer Garden and Entertainment will be going until 9:00 on Friday.  The Beer Garden with water, pop, Gatorade, and water will be open at noon on Friday.

        Bands that have volunteered there tents to bands flying in so far are:

Madison Pipe Band
Chicago Celtic
Firefighters Highland Guard of Naperville
Flint Scottish

We can certainly use more if anyone else can help out please step up.

        Band and solo orders of play will be out in the next couple of days.  More to follow.

Jim Sim

2024 Chicago Games Map.pdf