DataDownloader and NSMutableString vs NSString

offwhite

Oct 23, 2009, 12:16:57 PM10/23/09
to Midwest iPhone SDK Developers
I put together a class to handle downloading the JSON data but I am
having an issue with using NSMutableString. I have posted a question
on StackOverflow.com to see if I can get an answer.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1614481/objective-c-how-do-you-append-a-string-to-an-nsmutablestring

Any ideas?

offwhite

Oct 23, 2009, 12:43:23 PM10/23/09
to Midwest iPhone SDK Developers
Fixed.

I had to initialize the mutable string.

if (_mutableString == nil){
_mutableString = [[NSMutableString alloc] init];
}

Now it works as intended and is ready to use for downloading JSON data
with async.

Brennan