Seats still open in MATC-Madison iPhone courses

Brad Larson

Jan 4, 2010, 10:57:21 AM1/4/10
to mwiph...@googlegroups.com
It may be a bit of a drive for Milwaukee-based developers, but I wanted to let you know that there are still seats open in the iPhone Apps Development and Advanced iPhone Apps Development courses at MATC (Madison). These are both professional development courses which meet at 5:30 PM one night a week for ~4 hours per session. The courses run the duration of the MATC semester, starting next week through early May. The links to the courses are

http://programs.matcmadison.edu/programs/it-iphone-applications-development-certificate/iphone-apps-development
http://programs.matcmadison.edu/programs/it-iphone-applications-development-certificate/adv-iphone-apps-development

Eric Knapp will be teaching the entry-level course, which will focus on getting up to speed with iPhone development, including writing your first iPhone application, the basics of Cocoa Touch, and how to build navigation-based applications that communicate with network services and store data locally. This course had its first run last semester, which seemed to go very well.

I will be teaching the advanced class, which will focus on what's next after you've developed your first application. I will delve into the various frameworks that can be used to create a polished iPhone application, including Core Animation, Core Data, and OpenGL ES, among others. I will also show how to debug and optimize your applications for best performance on the device. I've posted an early curriculum here:

http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com/2009/12/09/teaching-advanced-iphone-applications-development-course

Also, Eric and I will take ~30 minutes of each class to answer any questions you have at all about developing on the iPhone. You can consider us to be unpaid consultants for that time.

Brad Larson, Ph.D.
Sunset Lake Software
http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com