MWCCC eSeason - Race Weekend #1 Recap, Race Weekend #2 Details

Ryan McLoughlin

Apr 15, 2020, 10:14:31 PM4/15/20
to mw...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Thank you all to everyone that came out and raced this weekend! I had a ton of fun, and looking forward to keeping this going on a regular basis. We’ll be back at it again this weekend- race weekend #2 takes us to central park for another RR and crit! As a reminder, please don’t forget to SUBMIT RESULTS by 7pm the day of the race. (Preferably by google form, but email/text/discord is fine as well). We only had 2 people submit times yesterday and had to rely on people remembering the finishing order around them!

Note: Finish data screen only stays up for 15 seconds post finish, so be prepared to write it down and/or take a picture with your phone!

Here’s the results after the first weekend! Based on how the race went, I’m grouping alumni, coaches, and then collegiate men and women as separate categories. If anyone has any objections/feedback on that, please let me know!

In ironing out the kinks the first weekend, I’ve found a couple things out. I’m able to edit meetups after they’re created, so can add people once it’s created. As a result, the registration deadline (9pm the night before an event) is more of a guideline. I’ll for sure include everyone that registers before the night of. If you register after that, you should be able to get in- I’ll probably check the reg sheet the morning of. Just send me an email/text to be sure you get added. Sign up HERE!

Based on how the first weekend went, I think we found the sweet spot for racing- moving forward, I’ll plan on ~1-1.5 hours for RR (20-30 miles), and ~30 minutes for crits (10-15 miles). The available courses has changed based on how I originally planned, so keep an eye on the first page of the eSeason doc for race details. Based on attendance numbers, I found it best to just do 1 mass start event. If anyone has any feedback on this format moving forward, please let me know!

To aid in informal communication before, during, and after races, I've created a discord server that you're all welcome to join here (Invite link expires in 24hr, shoot me a message if you need a new link). Once there, you can also join the voice channel for chat during the race, or use the general text channel like you would a group text for general discussion or to submit race results. As a reminder, all logistic details (team jersey assignments, joining process, and messages I send over email) are grouped in the eSeason google doc.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing you all out there this weekend!
-Ryan

Ryan McLoughlin
University of Michigan, 2020
B.S.E. Mechanical Engineering