MWCCC eRace 1 - Communique #1 (Reg Extension!)

Ryan McLoughlin

Apr 10, 2020, 2:09:58 PM4/10/20
to mw...@googlegroups.com

Event Communique #1 - Race weekend 1

Hi everyone,

Thank you to those who have shown interest and signed up for the first race weekend tomorrow! Because of the tight timeframe, I'm extending the registration deadline to TONIGHT at 9pm. Sign up HERE anytime between now and then! As a reminder, Zwift offers a free two week trial, so if you don't have a membership already you don't need to sign up for a monthly subscription right away!

 As a reminder, alumni are all welcome, given that they format their name as F. Lastname [Team - A]. Coaches can participate as well (use -A or -C to distinguish). Use your team's jersey. Feel free to invite anyone who may be interested!

Please remember that this is a test event, so your patience, support and feedback is much appreciated and we hope that it can lead to a more seamless experience in future iterations. With that, please note that event details and stage information are subject to change.

As a result of feedback from people who've done this in the past and number of participants, I'm planning on 1 mass-start event at noon with everyone starting together, and results/standings separated out post-race. Based on feedback of race length, everyone will be doing the same distance (3 laps, ~27 miles); hour-hour and a half seems to be the sweet spot for zwift "road races" from people I've talked to, but we can change this in future weekends based on y'alls feedback. The crit distance remains unchanged.

Prior to Friday at 9p EDT

  • All registered riders must follow Ryan McLoughlin on Zwift via username R. McLoughlin (UMich) on Zwift in order to be added to the race

    • This is required because it is the only way that we can invite registered riders to the event “Meet-Up”

  • All registered riders must change their Zwift profile name to the following naming convention

    • First Initial, Last Name (Team Name)

      • Example: R. McLoughlin (UMich)

  • Team members from each team must wear their assigned jersey - see below based on current registrations. If more teams register between now and tomorrow, I'll add jerseys as needed. (Note- if a team has a prefered jersey, let me know and I'll change it- otherwise, using standard jerseys that should be available to everyone.)

image.png

Logistic Notes

  • All riders must accept the “Meet-Up” request from Ryan McLoughlin on the Zwift Companion App

    • This can be found under Events → Meet-Ups

  • Riders should log into Zwift and begin riding at least 15min prior to the start of the event

  • Riders must “Go to Meet-Up” when prompt pops up on the screen (lower left hand corner of screen)

    • Riders will go to virtual starting line and wait for countdown to start

    • If riders miss the start, they will be unable to participate in the event

  • Race hard and have fun! Just remember, the use of power-ups is not permitted.

IMPORTANT! → Recording Race Results

Because this event is a Meet-Up and not an officially Zwift supported race, race results are not directly recorded in the system. While a bit tedious, we have a means to troubleshoot this with your support.

At the completion of the event, a finishing data screen will pop up with your finishing time and average power data. We are asking all participants to record and take a screenshot of their finishing time and submit it via THIS FORM at the completion of each stage by 7p EDT. We will then compile the results and share out promptly.

Note: Finish data screen only stays up for 15 seconds post finish, so be prepared to write it down and/or take a picture with your phone!

Ryan McLoughlin
University of Michigan, 2020
B.S.E. Mechanical Engineering
Minor, Business Administration