MW PARC Elections

Allison Sacerdote-Velat

Aug 15, 2019, 1:18:48 PM8/15/19
to MW Listserv

Dear MWPARC members,

We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming meeting this weekend in Madrid, IA. We are now seeking interested MW PARC members to serve on the advisory board.  In April 2018, the MWPARC Advisory Board revised our guidelines to encourage increased participation in the advisory board. The revised guidelines can be found here:  https://www.mwparc.org/about/

                Elections will take place online in early September.  Members of the MWPARC advisory board (unless in a co-chair or treasurer position) will have two year terms that are staggered, so that there will be elections for approximately half the advisory board every year.

                We are now seeking candidates to join the MWPARC advisory board for two-year terms lasting from September 2019 through September 2021. There will be severalopen seats for the upcoming election. If you are interested in being a candidate for one of the open MWPARC advisoryboard seats, please send me (email: a.b.sa...@gmail.com) a one-page (or shorter) word or pdf document describing your experience in herpetology, conservation, research and/or education by August 31st.  At the top of the document, please include your full name, email address, and current professional affiliation. All candidates should reside in the MWPARC states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Ohio. The list of candidates will be shared with the MWPARC membership via email, the MWPARC website, and social media.  Elections will take place by mid-August.

                If you have questions about the MWPARC advisory board, please send me an email, or contact one of the other current advisory board members.  We are enthusiastic about having new voices join us, so please consider participating even if you have not had much interaction with MWPARC in the past.

                Sincerely,

                Allison Sacerdote-Velat, Senior Co-Chair, MWPARC Advisory Board