Foreshortened DIMENSIONS

Randy Simmons (3DVision)

Aug 29, 2008, 10:14:02 AM8/29/08
to MVSWUG
Thank you to EVERYONE who attended the "Round-Table" last night with
the SolidWorks developers !!
They felt that it provided some GREAT feedback for the future
development of the product. (especially those dowell pin hole wizard
suggestions !!)

One topic that came up was about creating Foreshortened Dimensions.
I looked into it more and at this point we can ONLY do Foreshortened
DIAMETERS and RADII.
Not a "regular/linear" dimension.
SUBMIT AS AN ENHANCEMENT REQUEST !!

-Randy Simmons 3DVisionTechnologies

Randy Simmons (3DVision)

Aug 29, 2008, 10:28:23 AM8/29/08
to MVSWUG

In 2009 you can "JOG" LINEAR dimension lines !!
Haven't tried it, but it LOOKS like what was asked for...

-Randy

Randy Simmons (3DVision)

Aug 29, 2008, 10:33:02 AM8/29/08
to MVSWUG

In 2008 a temporary fix may be, RT+Clk the dimension and HIDE
EXTENSION LINE and HIDE DIMENSION LINE...

-Randy