Controlling color with Design Table in SW09

已查看 2 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mike

未读,
2009年2月18日 07:37:302009/2/18
收件人 MVSWUG
Does anyone use Design Tables to control part colors for different
configurations?
I drew a part with 16 configs. I wanted to show each config. with its
own unique color.
Then I wanted to make an assembly of all 16 parts overlayed to compare
the differences visually.
We're making a piercing tool for these and we want to see the common
hole locations.
With all the parts overlayed, its better if the parts are different
colors.
I've done this in the past with earlier versions of SW, but its not
working in 09.
I know for the Design Table colors to work, you have to remove color
(appearance) at the top level in the Feature Tree, but it doesn't
"stick".
It seems like a bug since they went to Appearances instead of colors.

Mike

未读,
2009年2月18日 08:21:302009/2/18
收件人 MVSWUG
I'm using SW09. I've set up my Design Table as it states in the Help
section.
As I said earlier, I've done it this way in the past, but it doesn't
seem to work correctly in SW09.

cwsink

未读,
2009年2月18日 08:35:532009/2/18
收件人 MVSWUG
I'm seeing the same thing. It almost seems like there's another step
that needs to be done now that they've changed appearances, but I
could be wrong. I'd ask my VAR.

Craig

Traves Cone

未读,
2009年2月18日 08:55:422009/2/18
收件人 Mike、MVSWUG
O.k. This is what I have figured out. You have created the configurations
correctly, but the color is not controlled by the design table, I added the
$color to the table and changed numbers to no avail.

However, keep the $color in the table, and then follow the directions below.
You will see that once you have applied the color to the specific
configuration, and "edit" the design table you will see that the numbers
shown under the $color are all different. Not sure why.

You have to enable the "Use configuration specific color" under your
configuration properties. As you go thru each of your 16 configurations you
need to select this option and individually apply the color to each one. I
can send you a picture of what I did to test.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me, I can email
pictures if necessary, or call and I will try to help with what I know, if
possible.

Traves Cone
CSWP
tc...@cadfast.com
Futura Design Service, Inc
PH (937) 890-5252
FX (937) 890-5255

Mike

未读,
2009年2月19日 11:41:322009/2/19
收件人 MVSWUG
It turns out this is a known issue at SolidWorks with SW09 sp0 and
newer.
It is on their list of things to be fixed.

On Feb 18, 7:37 am, Mike <m...@tooltech.com> wrote:
回复全部
回复作者
转发