Mobile application using mvp4g as MVP framework.

Subhro

Jun 14, 2015, 6:54:20 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am trying to build a mobile application in GWT. This will be packaged using cordova for various platforms.- (hybrid application).

Are there any known issues with using mvp4g on a mobile device?
Is there any one who have tried this?

I am also planning to use mgwt as widgets in mvp4g views. Please let me know if someone has tried this.
Any issues with this setup? Thanks a lot.

I have used mvp4g previously for web applications that shows up on desktop browsers, but this is my first attempt to build a mobile application using GWT+mvp4g+mgwt+restygwt.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Subhro.

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 14, 2015, 9:15:35 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, subhra...@gmail.com
Hi Subhro,

I have used mvp4g with GWT & restygwt and everything in my projects and it works well.

I did not use mgwt with mvp4g. But I think it should work. You have to make sure, that you are using the mgwt classes only in your view classes. There might be an issue with the animation because this class depends on one class from the Activities & Places. Maybe you have to replace this class by a new one.

If you need help, feel free to post your question.

Frank

Subhrajyoti Moitra

Jun 14, 2015, 9:26:33 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Frank for your time and reply.
Apart from mgwt what other GWT mobile widget library I can use which supports touch events, along with mvp4g.
Any suggestions?

Thanks again.
Subhro.

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 14, 2015, 9:31:33 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, subhra...@gmail.com
I have use any mobile lib yet. I know that Sencha is working on mobile support.

In case that GWT 2.8 comes with JSInterop, you can look for JS libraries and use them.

Subhrajyoti Moitra

Jun 14, 2015, 9:51:43 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/ahome-it/ahome-touch/tree/master/ahome-touch
This is sencha touch wrapped in GWT, not sure how it will work with mvp4g.

what about gwtbootstrap3 https://github.com/gwtbootstrap3/gwtbootstrap3 ? Not sure of this either.

Thanks,
Subhro.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Frank Hossfeld <frank.h...@web.de> wrote:
I have use any mobile lib yet. I know that Sencha is working on mobile support.

In case that GWT 2.8 comes with JSInterop, you can look for JS libraries and use them.

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 14, 2015, 9:56:07 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, subhra...@gmail.com
I think, both will work. As I wrote before, you can use any widget lib with mvp4g.

I will ask Alain if he can say something about ahometouch.

Alain Ekambi

Jun 14, 2015, 12:38:37 PM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, subhra...@gmail.com
Hello Folks,

Here is Alain   creator of Touch4j(ahome-touch)
Touch4j plays fine with every mvp framework.

Give it a try :)

Subhrajyoti Moitra

Jun 14, 2015, 2:32:17 PM6/14/15
to Alain Ekambi, mv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Alain. Will take this out for a spin soon.
For now, i have managed to make mvp4g work on an android app-without any hassles :).

Long live Mvp4G!!

Thanks Subhro.

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 15, 2015, 7:31:36 AM6/15/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, subhra...@gmail.com, jazzma...@gmail.com
Fantastic, anything special to do, to get mvp4g working with android?
Can you share your experiences?

Thanks

Subhrajyoti Moitra

Jun 16, 2015, 9:33:30 PM6/16/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, Alain Ekambi
Hi Frank,

No nothing special to get mvp4g on android app.
I choose to go with jqm4gwt as the widget set. Trying to hook up the jqm pages/views with mvp4g currently.
Will share the learning once I get the app in some shape.

Thanks,
Subhro.

Alain Ekambi

Jun 16, 2015, 9:37:25 PM6/16/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com, jazzma...@gmail.com
Any reason why not Sencha Touch( Touch4j) ?