mvp4g & gwt 3

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 14, 2015, 9:45:06 AM6/14/15
to mv...@googlegroups.com
GWT 3 will come with some radical changes. And one of this changes will have an impact of mvp4g.

GWT 3 will remove generators. Generators are the central point of the mvp4g implementation. Without generators mvp4g won't work. So, what will we do?

First of all we will maintain mvp4g for GWT 2.x in the future. I think a lot of the existing application will stay with GWT 2.x.

And we will start a new project. This project will work with GWT 3.

We plan:
* replace generators with annotation processors
* remove the dependency to GIN and GUICE
* remove all the things that will not be supported by GWT 3

Also we will change the way things work. So if you have any ideas, we are glad to hear about it.

As soon as there are some things are ready, we will announce it.

Frank

Debasish Padhy

Oct 5, 2015, 12:03:03 AM10/5/15
to Mvp4g
Hi Frank,

Any news on GWT 3 . I haven't seen a single update on this around and worried sick that the project is headed to the dead pool. Thank a lot in advance.

Debasish

Frank Hossfeld

Oct 5, 2015, 3:51:59 PM10/5/15
to Mvp4g
Hi Debasish,

I am not a member of the GWT Steering Committee. So I have no more information than anybody else. I got my informations from the public Google Meeting notes and the presentations and talks from the GWT.create.

In November there will be the next GWT Con. It looks like there are some talks about GWT 3.0. Maybe we will get some new informations.

Maybe you should ask this question in the GWT Users group.

Frank