Deferred binding issue in multi module mvp4g GWT project

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 3, 2016, 3:28:33 AM6/3/16
to Mvp4g
Message has been deleted

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 3, 2016, 4:22:52 PM6/3/16
to Mvp4g
Hi,

did you change the two things i mentioned?

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 4, 2016, 12:34:46 AM6/4/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com

yess I changed it, bt now it gives error that "child module not initialized" ..

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 4, 2016, 2:06:45 PM6/4/16
to Mvp4g
Please can you post the original log mesage.

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 4, 2016, 2:16:19 PM6/4/16
to Mvp4g
Did you use the DisplayChildModuleView annotation?

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 6, 2016, 12:30:25 AM6/6/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my log message is,

com.mvp4g.util.exception.NotFoundClassException: childModule abc_client_MyChildModule: No source code is available for abc.client.MyChildModule

[ERROR] Errors in 'abc/client/MyMainModule.java'
[ERROR] Line 24: Failed to resolve 'com.mvp4g.client.Mvp4gModule' via deferred binding

and yes tried it by using DisplayChildModuleView in MyChildEventBus as,

@DisplayChildModuleView(MyChildModule.class)
@Event(generate = ContentBodyPresenter.class)
void getContentBody();

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 6, 2016, 1:21:13 AM6/6/16
to Mvp4g
HI,

Using @Event(generate = ContentBodyPresenter.class) will always create a new presenter. Looking at the posted code at StackOverflow, I don't think you want this. Try to use @Event(handlers = ContentBodyPresenter.class) instead.

Do you really need @DisplayChildModuleView?

The ContentBodyPresenter will called if the getContentBody event is fired and the ContentBodyView will be created automatically. In the onGetContentBody method in the ContentBodyPresenter you can fire another event to show the ContentBodyView.  There is no need to use the @DisplayChildModuleView.

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 6, 2016, 2:07:29 AM6/6/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Hi, actually I want multiple instances of ContentBody widget that's why I used generate in @Event annotation..

Ok. I tried it by removing  @DisplayChildModuleView but still showing the same error message.

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 6, 2016, 2:17:53 AM6/6/16
to Mvp4g
hi,

did you set logLevel to TRACE and check if there are errors (search for ERROR) in the output of  the console?

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 8, 2016, 12:43:10 AM6/8/16
to Mvp4g
DId you solve your problem?

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 8, 2016, 10:54:49 AM6/8/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com

Hi, not yet sir..

Actually I am a bit confused for how to set the log level to TRACE..? Currently I have used logger with SEVERE log level..

If I am not wrong can you please elaborate the scenario.?

Thanks for your co-operation.. !!

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 8, 2016, 12:29:49 PM6/8/16
to Mvp4g
Open the running configurations in Eclipse.
Select the tab GWT and change the logLevel from INFO to TRACE.
Run the debug configuration and search for "ERROR" in the log output.

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 9, 2016, 9:00:30 AM6/9/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com
I tried but not able to find the GWT tab,

--
Screenshot from 2016-06-09 18:14:07.png

Pratik Rawlekar

Jun 10, 2016, 1:51:30 AM6/10/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   For this multi module structure is it necessary to create Loader and splitter as specified in this link https://github.com/mvp4g/mvp4g/wiki/05.-Code-splitting#event-forwarding-to-other-modules

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 10, 2016, 1:53:47 AM6/10/16
to Mvp4g
Am Freitag, 10. Juni 2016 07:51:30 UTC+2 schrieb Pratik Rawlekar:
Hi,

   For this multi module structure is it necessary to create Loader and splitter as specified in this link https://github.com/mvp4g/mvp4g/wiki/05.-Code-splitting#event-forwarding-to-other-modules

No, not necessary.

Frank Hossfeld