Mvp4g with GWT 2.7

Richa Kulkarni

Jan 12, 2016, 6:05:05 PM1/12/16
to Mvp4g
Hi,
I'm to build a sample application using Mvp4g 1.4 and GWT 2.6. something similar to https://github.com/mvp4g/mvp4g-examples/tree/master/EmployeeAdmin

I've created a new Web Application project for this . But when i try to launch the application getting following error :

onModuleLoad() threw an exception

Exception while loading module mvp4g.employeeadmin.client.EmployeeAdmin. See Development Mode for details.

at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:411)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:200)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:526)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for 'com.mvp4g.client.Mvp4gModule' (did you forget to inherit a required module?)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:53)
at com.google.gwt.core.shared.GWT.create(GWT.java:72)
 at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:86)
at mvp4g.employeeadmin.client.EmployeeAdmin.onModuleLoad(EmployeeAdmin.java:16) ... 9 more Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebind(ModuleSpace.java:610) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:470) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:49) ... 12 more

I am having the following entry in my gwt.xml
  <!-- Other module inherits                                      -->
  <inherits name='com.mvp4g.Mvp4gModule'/>.

and jar included is : mvp4g-1.4.0.jar

What could be wrong?

TIA.

Frank Hossfeld

Jan 13, 2016, 1:15:20 AM1/13/16
to Mvp4g
Hi,

are you using GWT 2.7 or 2.6?

Thanks

Richa Kulkarni

Jan 13, 2016, 12:05:00 PM1/13/16
to Mvp4g
I'm using GWT 2.6

Thanks.

Frank Hossfeld

Jan 13, 2016, 1:04:04 PM1/13/16
to Mvp4g
Are you using maven?

Frank Hossfeld

Jan 13, 2016, 1:14:01 PM1/13/16
to Mvp4g
Please use mvp4g-1.5.0. That's the current version of mvp4g. And please use GWT 2.7.0. There is no reason using an older version of GWT.

Also, mvp4g needs the following libraries:

aopalliance-1.0
gin-2.1.2
guice-3.0
guice-assistedinject-3.0
javax.inject.jar

Richa Kulkarni

Jan 13, 2016, 3:58:20 PM1/13/16
to Mvp4g
No I am not using maven.

Richa Kulkarni

Jan 13, 2016, 4:05:47 PM1/13/16
to Mvp4g
I am having all the mentioned libraries in  my class path. But it throws the error that i mentioned above(Deferred binding failed for 'com.mvp4g.client.Mvp4gModule'; expect subsequent failures).
Is there a known issue with mvp4g_1.4.0. and GWT_2.6?
Also, i forgot to mention, I'm trying to launch my application form Eclipse Luna. Hope that's not an issue.

Anyway, I will now try using gwt 2.7 and maven 1.5.0

Thanks

Frank Hossfeld

Jan 14, 2016, 4:18:21 AM1/14/16
to Mvp4g
mvp4g works well with GWT 2.6 and 2.7. There is no known issue. I will set a project tonight and check if there is a problem.

In the meantime you can try to set the logLegel to TRACE and see if there are some more informations about the error on the console.

Richa Kulkarni

Jan 15, 2016, 12:36:55 PM1/15/16
to Mvp4g
I don't have a separate logger set for my project. Just trying a simple application in eclipse as I'm completely new to GWT and MVp4g.
I tried with GWT's default logger set to TRACE , did not help much . Not much info.
Attaching my basic files here, so its easier to take a look as to what i am missing.

I'm creating a web application project through eclipse luna, which defaults to GWT 2.6.0 only.

Thanks..
EmployeeAdmin.gwt.xml
EmployeeAdmin.java
jars.PNG

Kenneth Pronovici

Jan 15, 2016, 2:09:34 PM1/15/16
to Mvp4g Group
Since you're struggling a little, you might consider looking at an example Mvp4g project before debugging your project any further.  That way, you can compare against that working project to see what might be different in yours.

For an example, you can check out my Santa Exchange demonstration project:

The Wiki has good instructions to get a workspace up and running.

KEN

Richa

Jan 15, 2016, 2:22:23 PM1/15/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing the information, but mine is not a big project. I'm just trying to get the Mvp4g module loaded.
I'm just having 2 files in my project, the gwt.xml and the entry point class.
After comparing these with "santa-exchange", they seem to be the same. Dont think the output is going to be any different.

attached the files in previous example.
Thanks.

Frank Hossfeld

Jan 16, 2016, 4:58:30 AM1/16/16
to Mvp4g
You can define another GWT SDKs f.e.: 2.7.0 within the eclipse plugin.

As soon as your project has an error (also the one that are not related to mvp4g) mvp4g will fail to create the needed sources. In most cases you have forgotten to inherit a  module or you did not define a replacement rule.

Based on the informations you have posted, it is hard to say what your problem is.

So, set the loglevel of you running configurations to trace and search for the string "ERROR" in the console output.

Richa

Jan 18, 2016, 4:02:13 PM1/18/16
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Frank , Kenneth, thanks a lot for helping me out.
I finally realized the mistake I was making and am now able to run my application.

I created a new work space by adding gwt2.7 jars and all required mvp4g1.5.0 jars manually to the class path .
After doing this my logger was set to Trace and I was able to catch the error.
The mistake was , my Presenter interface was not implementing IView.IPresenter.

Thanks a lot again.