ScarletDME and Excel

Wol

Jan 17, 2022, 8:00:16 PM1/17/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Has anybody got an idiot's guide to connect Excel on Windows to
ScarletDME on linux?

(And if you haven't tried it, ScarletDME-64 on Linux is coming along
nicely :-)

Cheers,
Wol

Brian Speirs

Jan 17, 2022, 8:24:00 PM1/17/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Start with this article from the OpenQM knowledgebase:

I guess there will need to be some adaption for ScarletDME. Watch out also for bittiness issues between Excel and the client library. 64-bit Excel requires a 64-bit client; 32-bit Excel requires a 32-bit client. And 64-bit VBA has some slightly different syntax - look here for my query on this issue: https://groups.google.com/g/openqm/c/b89Xm2hO5oE

Cheers,

Brian

Wol

Jan 18, 2022, 5:04:43 PM1/18/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
First problem - and I'd already found this ...

Where in ScarletDME do I find QMClient.dll ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol
> --
> Groups "Pick and MultiValue Databases" group.
> an email to mvdbms+un...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:mvdbms+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mvdbms/32a73097-5f67-41f7-8380-1b8413225148n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mvdbms/32a73097-5f67-41f7-8380-1b8413225148n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.