Excel Got MultiValue

82 views
Skip to first unread message

Nivethan T

unread,
Sep 25, 2026, 10:23:29 PM (11 days ago) Sep 25
to Pick and MultiValue Databases

Dawn Wolthuis

unread,
Sep 25, 2026, 10:48:05 PM (11 days ago) Sep 25
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I love it! Yes, those exports - we don’t need to normalize nor comma-delimit values, etc in order to go from MV to Excel.

There are many good reasons the industry has returned to non-first normal form data models. SQL and related databases will eventually (in the distant future) be a blip in the history of persisted data.

Thanks for passing this along.

 —Dawn

On Sep 25, 2026, at 10:23 PM, Nivethan T <thniv...@gmail.com> wrote:


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to
the "Pick and MultiValue Databases" group.
To post, email to: mvd...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email to: mvdbms+un...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit http://groups.google.com/group/mvdbms
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pick and MultiValue Databases" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mvdbms+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mvdbms/9421c064-de86-4bf5-b08e-9b64070d0995n%40googlegroups.com.

Optimus01010101

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 9:44:33 AM (9 days ago) Sep 28
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Well, considering the underpinnings is XML, at least that's what I assume still, I hope that MS provides documentation for that, otherwise, write a spreadsheet up with these new features, then look at the underlying XML.

I know that there are tools out there written in both PHP and Python that convert CSV to XLXS, even with things like defining a cell as money or a date.

I'm sure those free utilities will be updated to account for these new features.

On the other hand, would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the features meeting on this!
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages