SB+ restore from D3 Linux to Windows

Kevin Powick

Jul 11, 2022, 11:13:59 PM7/11/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I have been asked to restore from backups a D3 Linux system (10,x) to D3 Windows (10.x).  SB+ was the development tool for their user accounts.

Will the user accounts restore "cleanly" or does SB+ have licensing or assembler that will be invalidated by the restore?

The users have no need for further SB+ development, but they want their existing user interfaces to function after the restore.

--
Kevin Powick

Diets

Jul 12, 2022, 7:44:06 AM7/12/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Only problem I found was SB "passwords". Solution was to find the items in MD that contains "pass]" and delete then before saveg the accounts. It exists in all user accounts as well as in DM

Hope this helps.
Diets

philippe GRACIA

Jul 12, 2022, 9:08:40 AM7/12/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
be carefull with tubp and all specials programs for sb , if you replace it ! ( launch, save/restore windows ...)

no specific licencing in D3, only un sb+

Kevin Powick

Jul 12, 2022, 2:38:51 PM7/12/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Thanks for your reply, but I don't understand your first comment regarding "tubp" and "special" SB programs.  I know nothing about SB+.  Please elaborate.

--
Kevin Powick

philippe GRACIA

Jul 13, 2022, 4:25:42 AM7/13/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
SB has specials features that extend vt/wyse telnet emulation.
in file tubp, there are some programs which communicate with Sb directly to use special features ( windows, launch programs on the terminal PC, ...).
If you change terminal emulator, Be careful to that.otherwise programs will not work as expected...
exchanges between  D3 and OS must be rewritten, too ( pathes, external programs ...)
Nothing related to changing from D3 linux to D3 windows.

Kevin Powick

Jul 13, 2022, 11:51:23 AM7/13/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Thanks for the clarification.