Using MV (UV) with Visual Studio Code

Philip Ellis

Mar 10, 2022, 3:12:24 AMMar 10
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi

I'm looking for help getting up and running with VS Code against UV.
I did a *little* work on this ages ago and can't remember much.
Does anyone know of, or have, a step-by-step guide to getting my VS Code properly set up against my UV system?

Thanks.

Brian Speirs

Mar 10, 2022, 3:12:24 PMMar 10
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
If you have AccuTerm 8, it is already built in. It is basically a matter of invoking VSCODE rather than WED.

VSCODE BP progname

I have found that I need to update the configuration item (in the ACCUTERMCTRL file) to increase the number of items that can be displayed.

Linkar advertise that they allow connection of VS Code to any MV database. Others also have connection mechanisms.

Cheers,

Brian

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Mar 11, 2022, 12:30:57 AMMar 11
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Philip
As Brian says, the Linkar plugin in VSCode is called MV BASIC Linkar, and it allows you to connect to several MV databases, including Universe.
Take a look at https://kosday.com/mv-basic-linkar-vscode/
The plugin is totally free, and the only requirement is to have Linkar Server installed.

Thanks
Angel

Philip Ellis

Mar 15, 2022, 12:07:56 PMMar 15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Thanks for the information.

I don't have AccuTerm 8 so that's not an option for me.
I took a look at Linkar.  It seems as though I would need to buy the Linkar Server, unless I'm much mistaken.  Perhaps Angel could confirm?

I did find the 'MV Basic' extension from Rocket.  That started out OK but when I try to use it, I get an error.
I connected to the RestFS server OK, then when I tried to locate a program to edit, I got an error "Cannot destructure property 'type' of 'g' as it is undefined."
Does anyone know what this means and how to workaround/fix it?

Thanks.

Joseba Real de Asua

Mar 15, 2022, 1:53:14 PMMar 15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Philip: yes, you need to have the Linkar Server installed. You can download it and ask for a evaluation licence in kosday.com. After testing it, you can decide. It costs $62 licence + $19 a year, it is very unexpensive. If you need any help, let us know, we will be very pleased to help you.

Philip Ellis

Mar 16, 2022, 4:41:00 AMMar 16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi

So I'm trying the Linkar solution and have an error withing VS Code.
Angel, how can I get in touch with you outside this forum to work through the problem?

Thanks.

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Mar 16, 2022, 6:33:41 AMMar 16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I just sent you an email with my contact information.
Angel