64 bit ScarletDME now works!

geneb

Jan 10, 2022, 1:07:18 PMJan 10
to scarl...@googlegroups.com, mvd...@googlegroups.com

I just pushed changes to the dev branch - we've now got what appears to be
a fully function 64 bit build of ScarletDME!

I'm not seeing any of the weird behavior I had previously (feb of 2020).
My original test program compiled without error and functioned properly,
so I started a new session in "internal" mode (qm -internal) and compiled
the Basic compiler with itself, twice. No errors, worked great.

For those that want to directly grab the dev branch, you can clone right
into it using this command:

git clone --branch dev https://github.com/geneb/ScarletDME.git

I would recommend you do this in a directory separate from where you've
got the master stored (if you do). I use directories named "scarlet-dev"
and "scarlet-master" to keep them apart.

Thanks to Don for triggering the renewed interest that resulted in getting
the final issues resolved.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

Donald Montaine

Jan 10, 2022, 3:13:37 PMJan 10
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Yippie!  I'll download and start running some tests.  Great news.  With all commercial versions of Pick (other than Reality, which seems to be comatose), consolidated under one vendor, having an option outside of the monopoly that will run on current 64 bit versions of Linux will be great.    Thanks Gene!  Next step to make it a release version with an easy installer.

geneb

Jan 10, 2022, 3:46:42 PMJan 10
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022, Donald Montaine wrote:

> Yippie! I'll download and start running some tests. Great news. With all
> commercial versions of Pick (other than Reality, which seems to be
> comatose), consolidated under one vendor, having an option outside of the
> monopoly that will run on current 64 bit versions of Linux will be great.
> Thanks Gene! Next step to make it a release version with an easy
> installer.

You're quite welcome!

One thing I don't get - I "re-branded" some text in the LOGIN program in
GPL.BP and compiled it. The code and compiled object was part of the git
push, but when I pulled & installed on my WSL2 host, the change didn't
appear to be there. I checked the sources in qmsys/gpl.bp, and they were
changed, but the binary object wasn't. Any suggestions?

BTW if you want to compile anything that uses the $internal compiler
directive, you'll need to start your session with the -internal flag.