[mvdbms] Abridged summary of mvdbms@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Peter Gonzalez

Jan 24, 2024, 1:46:47 PMJan 24
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hey group!
Will qm/Scarlet ever be ported to Windows?

I have a Ladybridge openQM with a ‘personal’ license that I use for personal software projects.  I would use QM/Scarlet instead.

Thanks
- Peter Gon

On Wednesday, January 24, 2024, <mvd...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
jim stephens <james.w....@gmail.com>: Jan 24 11:16AM -0600

Thanks for the work on SDME. I'm curious if you are on the Discord for
SDME? Or want to be. This work should be shared over there as there are a
number of people there who I'm sure would be ...more

Wols Lists

Jan 24, 2024, 2:08:50 PMJan 24
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
On 24/01/2024 18:46, Peter Gonzalez wrote:
> Hey group!
> Will qm/Scarlet ever be ported to Windows?

It's on my (long) to-do list. Along with learning how to use the freebie
Visual Studio or whatever it is you need to do all that stuff ...

> I have a Ladybridge openQM with a ‘personal’ license that I use for
> personal software projects.  I would use QM/Scarlet instead.

The alternative, of course, is to run it in a VM. Or use "Microsoft
Linux For Windows" or whatever it's called. I've never played with the
latter. But it shouldn't be hard to install virtualbox and run Scarlet
in that.

> Thanks
> - Peter Gon

Cheers,
Wol

martinp...@ladybridge.com

Jan 26, 2024, 6:27:13 AMJan 26
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
  • Will qm/Scarlet ever be ported to Windows?

QM started life on Windows and this was subsequently ported to Linux. The open source version was created by stripping out the Windows functionality. This implies that porting back to Windows is possible, however, it will be a massive task, especially if the aim is to end up with something that is a viable implementation of the features found in the current commercial version.

Martin

Steven Martin Trimble

Jan 26, 2024, 8:35:02 AMJan 26
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
QM is still my favorite and most used multi value system for me and my clients.
Converting my last non QM client to QM this month.
Thanks for everything sir Martin.
Wish you were still in control, but hey, everyone has to move on.
Hope you are doing well.

I also have to say 'kudos' to Doug Dumitru and Sam Anderson for their virtual hosting of LAQP (Linux,Apache,QM,PHP) for my clients. I would never have been able to program web services without Doug's 'Coyote Web Server'. It is really a wonderful 'thing'. (Wish he would port it to 64bit, but it runs without exception on 32bit QM)

Respectfully,

CDMI
Steven Trimble
(501) 772-3450 cell/text