Incident Tracking

Rick Weiser

Jan 10, 2023, 1:16:19 PM1/10/23
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi all,

I am looking for an affordable incident tracking application that:

1. our customer can login to to create an incident
2. incidents updated via email response or manually entered by the support person or customer.
3. handles multiple application types.
4. allows for custom questions when creating the incident.
5. allows assigning issue to a team or individual.
5. browser based.

I am sure there are other requirements but this will get us started.

Thanks,

RIck

Kevin Powick

Jan 10, 2023, 1:56:17 PM1/10/23
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
ZenDesk
FreshDesk
HelpScout

You can also check out https://alternativeto.net/ to find suggestions for other known products/services.

We've been on ZenDesk a long time, and it works well for us.  Probably the main reason we haven't moved to anything else is that we were grandfathered-in to the old pricing when they made a major change to their pricing tiers a number of years ago..

--
Kevin Powick

Dick Thiot

Feb 7, 2023, 8:40:09 AM2/7/23
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

Sorry for not responding sooner but I just found this in my SPAM.  We have used an open-source/free solution called Mantis (https://www.mantisbt.org/).

Dick

Will Johnson

Feb 7, 2023, 1:33:58 PM2/7/23
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
We had a home-grown solution, but are in the process of moving to Jira

Peter Nguyen

Feb 7, 2023, 5:34:26 PM2/7/23
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Rick,

This is my first post here.

We have the exact Service Desk app for your requirements.

It's a Saas App written with Angular frontend and jBASE backend.

Jira Service Management is a great system, but it can be challenging to customise it.
It didn't work well for us because we also need the ability to convert an Incident request into a quote, project plan and resource management.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards

Peter
jBASE Developer

Dick Thiot

Feb 7, 2023, 5:38:21 PM2/7/23
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
We have used Jira but I found it overly complex for our needs.  Due to its popularity, there are a lot of folks that feel differently than I do!  We started using Mantis and were immediately more productive.  That is not to say that Jira isn't good.  As usual, it all depends on what you are looking for.  There are tens if not hundreds of options free and paid for.  GOOD LUCK, Rick!