Re: [mvdbms] Digest for mvdbms@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Mark Brown

Jan 31, 2023, 2:44:52 PM1/31/23
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Num(X) + 0

I use it for unknown values that must be numeric.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023, 10:30 <mvd...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
frosty <johntr...@gmail.com>: Jan 31 10:03AM -0800

Is there an output conversion in D3 that will strip out non-numeric
characters but not strip out a decimal point?

I want spaces to go away. But I don't want decimal points to go away.

For example, if the data is " 123.45" (not the leading space) I want
"123.45".

MCN strips the space but also strips the decimal point, yielding "12345"
which is, from what the bean counters tell me, a different number than
"123.45" -- go figure.

Maybe I'm just having a Senior Moment©? And the conversion I'm looking for
is a thing?
geneb <ge...@deltasoft.com>: Jan 31 10:18AM -0800

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023, frosty wrote:

> I want spaces to go away. But I don't want decimal points to go away.

> For example, if the data is " 123.45" (not the leading space) I want
> "123.45".

Try trim().

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

frosty <johntr...@gmail.com>: Jan 31 10:24AM -0800

If I was writing a BASIC program and not a Dictionary definition, I would
most certainly do that.

I may wind writing some BASIC to CALL from the DICT. But there's a lot of
DICTs to refactor if I go that route.

A mask character conversion that strips spaces but retains decimal points
would be a very quick implementation.

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 11:18:58 AM UTC-7 geneb wrote:

Message has been deleted