Single user developer D3?

Terry Pennington

Jul 11, 2019, 8:08:33 PM7/11/19
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Does anyone know if Rocket offers a single user developer version of D3? If so do you have any idea of the cost?

Thanks for your help!

Dick Thiot

Jul 15, 2019, 6:30:49 PM7/15/19
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Terry,

It doesn't appear that you received an answer.  Rocket has a version for developers that are resellers.  It is more than single user (5 or 10 IIRC).  You would have to contact Rocket.  OpenQM may be your least expensive option and can be VERY D3 compatible.

Dick

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:08 PM Terry Pennington <terr...@terrypen.com> wrote:
Does anyone know if Rocket offers a single user developer version of D3? If so do you have any idea of the cost?

Thanks for your help!

Terry Pennington

Jul 16, 2019, 3:31:57 AM7/16/19
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I did not receive an answer. I used the contact form on Rocket's page last week and did not receive a response from them.

Thank you very much for your reply I'll chase down OpenQM and see what I can find out!

Terry

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 12:30:49 PM UTC-10, Dick Thiot wrote:
Terry,

It doesn't appear that you received an answer.  Rocket has a version for developers that are resellers.  It is more than single user (5 or 10 IIRC).  You would have to contact Rocket.  OpenQM may be your least expensive option and can be VERY D3 compatible.

Dick

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:08 PM Terry Pennington <terr...@terrypen.com> wrote:
Does anyone know if Rocket offers a single user developer version of D3? If so do you have any idea of the cost?

Thanks for your help!

Martyn

Jul 16, 2019, 4:02:37 AM7/16/19
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Terry,

Only because this thread appears to be very quiet, I thought that I'd jump in with something a little different.  Revelation's OpenInsight offers single user developer editions at both the low cost NUL software only level and the higher cost WORKS edition with support, upgrades and loads more.  There is also the dedicated MV data connector for you to connect to your own D3 database (reducing the cost of the development license massively, or you can use our own MV database if this is a new project.  Furthermore, you'll get both the new and highly productive desktop tools which reduce the code that you need to write and maintain, plus you'll get O4W which is a super low code option for developing rich web interfaces to your database.

Good luck with which ever option you take,
M.

Steve Trimble

Jul 16, 2019, 6:56:26 AM7/16/19
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Terry - get you a single (or more) openQM and install it on a USB stick.
you can completely use the USB as a self contained environment or have some files on the local hard drive. the great thing is you can remove the stick and put it in any other Windows computer you'd like. I develop on a 9user openQM 8GB USB stick (several years old). very affordable and feature rich.
have fun!

Computerized Data Mgmt Inc
Steve Trimble
(501) 615-8674 office
(501) 772-3450 cell / text

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pick and MultiValue Databases" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mvdbms/262fb794-6d2f-457f-805b-04c135c2fbfc%40googlegroups.com.

geneb

Jul 16, 2019, 11:16:44 AM7/16/19
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019, Terry Pennington wrote:

> I did not receive an answer. I used the contact form on Rocket's page last
> week and did not receive a response from them.
>
> Thank you very much for your reply I'll chase down OpenQM and see what I
> can find out!

You can't go wrong with OpenQM. If I didn't have ScreenGen/Vision to deal
with, I would have migrated years ago. (Note to Rocket: Charging $600+
per seat is not how you grow a market.)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

Ryengoth

Jul 16, 2019, 11:23:12 AM7/16/19
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
They gave up on that I think. Milkin the cow for a while now.

Jackson Ramos

Jan 18, 2022, 2:05:21 PM1/18/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I know this is an old thread but Steve can you walk me through the process of actually putting openQM on a USB stick. Thanks

Steve Trimble

Jan 18, 2022, 2:51:22 PM1/18/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I will point you to:
then under 'content',
then click on the little book next to 'introduction to the QM Database',
then click on the 'Installation'
you will find: 'In this section, you will find detail on how to install QM on...'
hang on to the above URL - it is quite helpful in numerous ways.

another very helpful url:
once there see 'Resources' and 'Support'
under Support, you will see 'downloads' - if you scroll way down, on the left side you will see 'USB demonstration' (unzip this file onto a USB stick for a zero-deployment demonstration of QM with AccuTerm) --- also 'Read more'

let me know if you have any questions,

Computerized Data Mgmt Inc
Steve Trimble
(501) 772-3450 cell / text