Documentation

Johannes Hansen

Oct 17, 2011, 12:59:47 PM10/17/11
to mvctu...@googlegroups.com
It would be REALLY nice to have some documentation to look at, even if it is incomplete.

I had a very rough experience enabling MvcTurbine in one of my existing projects, due to various problems with the default auto-registration. Solutions do exist, but they aren't obvious unless you either ask here (as I did), or do a complete dissection of the framework using a tool like Reflector. The solution to my specific problem turned out to be a simple call to "Engine
.Initialize.DisableHttpModuleRegistration();", but I got to admit that I spent a lot of hours to first find the cause of the problem, and then to wait on an answer from this group. It is not that I don't appreciate this group, but this process is simply too slow.

Furthermore I think documentation serves 2 purposes: Firstly as a documentation of default behavior, how specific features work, how they should be used etc... But secondly documentation also enables discoverability of the framework, which is equally important for first time users like me.

I'm really missing some work in this area for MvcTurbine, and I think it's a shame since it seems like a well structured and thought-out project. If I can do anything to help, please let me know.

Regards,
Johannes Hansen