MVContrib.Mvc3.WatiN-ci?

Matt

Oct 31, 2011, 10:19:57 AM10/31/11
to mvccontrib-discuss
Has anyone successfully used the MVC3 version of the MVCContrib WatiN
package? I'm running into numerous issues trying to utilize it. I've
been able to work through some, but I feel like I must be missing
something. It *looks* like there was a design change between the
old MvcContrib.WatiN package and the newer MVC3 version. The older
version seems to embed all the required WatiN references via
ILMerging, but that's not true of the newer MVC3 version. Was this
change intentional? Is anyone using the newer package successfully,
and if so, are there certain hoops that I can jump through that will
make this easier to use?

Thanks,

---Matt

Travis

Nov 2, 2011, 11:39:39 AM11/2/11
to mvccontri...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever find a solution to this? Wanted to check out WatiN last week, and fought with this then eventually gave up.

--
Contact Jeffrey Palermo or Eric Hexter with specific questions about the MvcContrib project.  Or go to http://mvccontrib.org

Matt Honeycutt

Nov 2, 2011, 11:41:30 AM11/2/11
to mvccontri...@googlegroups.com
Nope, I finally got it working by adding a reference to WatiN first (via Nuget), then adding a reference to MVCContrib.Mvc3.WatiN.

I'm planning on building an extension for SpecsFor that will roll up WatiN in a package that simplifies testing for MVC apps.  I'll shout-out whenever I get that finished.