[mvc2inaction-discuss] Chapter 1 Feedback

Thanh H. Pham

May 8, 2010, 1:48:52 PM5/8/10
to mvc2inaction-discuss
Hi,
I have read the first chapter of this book. You are doing a great job
to produce this book.

I have a small suggestion on Chapter 1. The code there is much like
1st edition. I think it is better to use new syntax for HTML encoding <
%: %> and you can have a small description there.

For example Listing 1.3 I suggest to change to <%: ViewData["message"]
%>

The same in Listing 1.7

Idea here is to make the code a bit different from the first edition.
Most of reader have read your first book (I guess), so they will happy
with the second one.

Thanks,
Pham

--
--------------------
Please feel free to comment on the progress of the book, the content, and the code samples. All code and text is available on the book's GitHub site at http://github.com/jeffreypalermo/mvc2inaction. We hope developing this book out in the open and with your feedback makes it a great book for the community.

Jeffrey Palermo

May 8, 2010, 5:03:23 PM5/8/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the suggestion. All the chapters are finalized and are being printed, but I was able to add a paragraph in the front matter to explain this syntax and our reasoning for using <%= (so that examples would work in VS 2008 as well.

The code examples for this book are mostly new.  Only about 10% are exactly the same as the 1st edition.  This new book is quite a bit different and new from the first edition, so I hope you enjoy the rest.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Thanh H. Pham <than...@gmail.com> wrote: in th

Thanh H. Pham

May 8, 2010, 8:53:40 PM5/8/10
to mvc2inaction-discuss
I can see the new way you are using to write this second edition. I
just read a few first chapters from manuscript and see this is very
easy to follow. It does not contains a big application at first - and
I like that.

I can't wait to see the printed version of the book, surely I will
read it all from manuscript before printed version. but still get the
final version.

Have a great weekend,
Pham