panic: Not all stats have been initialized

daniel.tian

Oct 23, 2011, 7:37:59 PM10/23/11
to MV5sim
Hi, guys:
I just started to learn this simulator.
But when runs the simulator, some error come. I didn't change
anything.
By the way, the command can run in M5 correctly. So I wonder whether
something I missed.
first, compile the MV5.
And then run the following command: build/ALPHA_SE/m5.debug configs/
example/se.py
It's the simple workload, just "helloworld" program.
Can anyone give me some advice?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Here is the panic error:

M5 compiled Sep 26 2011 05:46:37
M5 started Mon Oct 24 02:35:00 2011
M5 executing on fujin
command line: build/ALPHA_SE/m5.debug configs/example/se.py
Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second
this is stat number 9
panic: Not all stats have been initialized
@ cycle 0
[baseCheck:build/ALPHA_SE/base/statistics.cc, line 141]
Program aborted at cycle 0
Aborted

Thanks.

Jiayuan Meng

Oct 23, 2011, 10:25:14 PM10/23/11
to mv5...@googlegroups.com
Are you using M5 or MV5? If you are using MV5, I recommend that you follow the quick start guide at

se.py doesn't work for MV5 --- MV5 has some global variables so that you must modify se.py to include a GlobalObject class, whose statistics will not be initialized otherwise. See configs/fractal/fractal_smp.py for an example about how to include GlobalObject.

Jiayuan

daniel.tian

Oct 24, 2011, 10:11:15 PM10/24/11
to MV5sim