Multiple Workloads in SIMD cores

Vinay V.L

Nov 18, 2011, 4:50:50 PM11/18/11
to MV5sim
Hi Jiayuan,

We are trying to assign two workloads to 2 different sets of SIMD cores by making minor changes in fractal_smp,py The simulation ends with a segmentation fault.

With the control cpus(DerivO3 cpus) doing the context switching on one of the workloads, it runs fine.

Basically we are trying to assign multiple workloads to O3 and SIMD cores separately. Is it feasible on MV5?

Thanks,
Vinay

Jiayuan Meng

Nov 20, 2011, 10:17:42 PM11/20/11
to mv5...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinay,

I'm not sure why the segmentation fault happened. Can you give me more details? Did you use m5.debug and find out at which line the fault occurred?

Thanks,

Jiayuan