Pagemirror extension immediately closes tab

Lasse Schou

Feb 24, 2015, 3:46:24 AM2/24/15
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rafael,

Thanks for an amazing library. I wanted to try out the pagemirror extension, to find out more about the library works, but after following the installation instructions, it doesn't work. The tab that opens up immediately closes. Reproduced on different machines.

What happens is that the port that's opened by this line:

var port = chrome.tabs.connect(tabId);

Is immediately disconnected for some reason, which in turn closes the tab.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Lasse

Ethan Welsh

May 28, 2015, 11:32:11 AM5/28/15
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
This exact same thing happens to me and my friend when we try to use this example. Is this example broken, or are we doing something wrong?

Peter Alvin

Sep 3, 2015, 8:51:44 PM9/3/15
to mutation-summary-discuss
Seeing the same as you three guys...

stzh...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2018, 5:00:39 PM7/9/18
to mutation-summary-discuss
I ran into this problem before and removing the first return statement followed by the "console.error('This example...')" resolved it. There is actually an error msg in console pointing there.