Previous sibling(s) of a removed node

Paul Butcher

May 6, 2014, 12:56:32 PM5/6/14
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to retrieve the previous sibling(s) of a removed node?

I notice that there’s a comment on the API Reference page from January asking the same question, so clearly I’m not the only one would would find this functionality helpful :-)

Is this something that can be done with mutation-summary as it stands? If not, any idea how easy it would be to provide this as an enhancement?

Thanks in advance,

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

Author of Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks: When Threads Unravel

Rafael Weinstein

May 6, 2014, 2:48:22 PM5/6/14
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
Yes. See the 'oldPreviousSibling' option on the API reference page:

Paul Butcher

May 6, 2014, 3:04:26 PM5/6/14
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com, mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I saw that, but the documentation says:

  • getOldPreviousSibling. a function which will retrieve the previous previousSibling for nodenode must be contained in the reordered element array, otherwise the function throws an error.

I'm interested in deleted, not reordered nodes. Is the documentation incorrect?

Sent from Mailbox

Rafael Weinstein

May 6, 2014, 3:08:03 PM5/6/14
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
The doc says that it works with nodes in *removed* and reordered.

Paul Butcher

May 6, 2014, 5:33:34 PM5/6/14
to mutation-sum...@googlegroups.com
Ah! I’ve just worked out that you’re talking about the MutationSummary parameter, not the element of an all request response.

Is there a substantive difference between the two? Any reason why the former returns results for both reordered and deleted elements and the latter only for reordered elements? Or is the documentation for the latter incorrect, and it does support both deleted and reordered elements?

Thanks - I’ll experiment with this tomorrow.