batch variant validation by Name Check

Qin Zixin

Sep 12, 2022, 8:47:50 AM9/12/22
to muta...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am currently submitting to Genetics in Medicine and I have used your database to ensure that my variants are conform to current HGVS nomenclature. Unfortunately, I have
some warning messages for my variant as attached excel file marked as yellow. Can you please confirm that these variants are correct or tell me how to correct it?

Thanks
a lot.

Best regards,

Zixin Qin

VariantValidation_By_Mutlyzer_NameChecker.xlsx

Mihai Lefter

Sep 12, 2022, 9:18:53 AM9/12/22
to Qin Zixin, muta...@googlegroups.com
Dear Zixin Qin,

Thanks for using Mutalyzer.

Some of your descriptions have been corrected by Mutalyzer. In your particular case, you can check which ones by comparing columns E and G. For example, for the input description "NC_000013.11(NM_000059.3):c.*1828_*1834del", by looking at column G, the corrected description is "NC_000013.11(NM_000059.3):c.*1836_*1842del".

Best regards,
Mihai

Qin Zixin

Sep 12, 2022, 9:43:36 AM9/12/22
to Mihai Lefter, muta...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mihai,

Thank you for reply.

Then may I ask you how about the variant with error info about affecting splice region, is the describtion correct? Such as the variant “NC_000017.11(NM_007294.3):c.-235A>G with error ‘ (GenRecord): Mutation near splice site in gene BRCA1 transcript 002 (selected).|(GenRecord): Mutation near splice site in gene BRCA1 transcript 003.”.  Should I do anything for these kind of variant?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zixin

Qin Zixin

Sep 12, 2022, 9:47:36 AM9/12/22
to Mihai Lefter, muta...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Mihai,

And also, actually my variants input was converted based on their position change in vcf file through the Mutlyzer position converter, however, when validating the variant with NameChecker, it showed error. For these situation, is the result from position converter correct? And which description should I use?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Zixin

From: Mihai Lefter <mihai....@gmail.com>

Date: Monday, September 12, 2022 at 21:19
To: Qin Zixin <yb8...@connect.um.edu.mo>
Cc: muta...@googlegroups.com <muta...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [mutalyzer] batch variant validation by Name Check

Mihai Lefter

Sep 12, 2022, 9:57:44 AM9/12/22
to Qin Zixin, muta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zixin,

The results from the NameChecker should be used. In addition, the "mutation near splice site" message is only there as additional information for the user.

Best regards,
Mihai

Qin Zixin

Sep 12, 2022, 10:01:48 AM9/12/22
to Mihai Lefter, muta...@googlegroups.com

So the description of the variants with warnings “ mutation/variant near splice site …” are correct that no need to change, right?

zixin

Mihai Lefter

Sep 12, 2022, 10:10:01 AM9/12/22
to Qin Zixin, muta...@googlegroups.com
Dear Zixin,

Please perform the steps mentioned in my first reply for all the variants because there could be the "mutation" warning for variants that are corrected by the NameChecker.

Best regards,
Mihai