Constructing a curl command

Alistair Ward

Jun 13, 2022, 3:30:04 PM6/13/22
to muta...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use the Mutalyzer API, but cannot figure out how to construct a curl command. I am trying to use the getTranscripts service and am using the command:

This results in the error that `build member` must occur at least once. If I switch the order of `build` and `chrom`, then the error changes to `chrom member` must occur at least once. Is there an error in the url construction? I can't find any examples to help.

Thank you for your help,

Director, Research and Science
Eccles Institute of Human Genetics
University of Utah School of Medicine

J.F.J. Laros

Jun 13, 2022, 4:39:18 PM6/13/22
to Alistair Ward, muta...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alistair Ward,

It seems to be an issue with how you use quotes. Perhaps try the following:

curl -s -S -X GET "https://mutalyzer.nl/json/getTranscripts?chrom=chr17&build=hg19&pos=17795221"

I hope this helps.

With kind regards,
Jeroen.
> --

Jeroen F.J. Laros - J.F.J...@lumc.nl

Alistair Ward

Jun 13, 2022, 4:43:36 PM6/13/22
to J.F.J. Laros, muta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! That works. I always get tripped up by these details. Thanks so much for your help,

Alistair Ward, PhD
Co-founder | CEO
Frameshift Genomics Inc.

Director, Research and Science
Eccles Institute of Human Genetics
University of Utah School of Medicine

Alistair Ward

Jun 14, 2022, 9:17:13 AM6/14/22
to J.F.J. Laros, muta...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if there is a way (with Mutalyzer 2 or 3) to get the canonical HGVS starting from the root genomic coordinates. I am always starting with the ref and alt alleles and the coordinates (e.g. chr12, position 102840493, ref=G, alt =A) and want this in HGVS c. and p. notation. Is there a path for this in Mutalyzer?

Thanks again for your help,

Alistair Ward, PhD
Co-founder | CEO
Frameshift Genomics Inc.

Director, Research and Science
Eccles Institute of Human Genetics
University of Utah School of Medicine

J.F.J. Laros

Jun 14, 2022, 10:45:21 AM6/14/22
to Alistair Ward, muta...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alistair Ward,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to find HGVS coding, RNA
and protein descriptions given a genomic description.

The problem with identifiers like chr12 is that they do not uniquely identify
a reference sequence. I.e., without knowledge about the organism and build,
it is unclear which reference sequence should be used.

When a reference accession number is provided instead (e.g., NC_000012.12),
Mutalyzer 3 will provide an HGVS description for all overlapping transcripts
in the "equivalent descriptions" section [1]. Any of these descriptions can
be selected in order to obtain the RNA and protein effect predictions [2].

I hope this helps.

With kind regards,
Jeroen.